The Careers Centre (outside the Sir Michael Cobham Library, Talbot Campus)
Open 8.45am – 4.30pm – Monday – Friday
Tel: 01202 961663
Find us on Twitter
- Opportunity of the Week
- Resources of the Week – Print & Online
- On Campus Careers & Recruitment events this Week
- This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- External Careers & Recruitment News/Opportunities/Events
1.Opportunity of the Week
Are you going on Placement? Do you know about the BU Placement Opportunity Fund?
If you’re worried about the cost of going on a placement, you should check whether you are eligible for some additional financial support. BU offers funding to eligible students through the Placement Opportunity Fund.
The Placement Opportunity Fund can help with expenses such as clothing for interviews, essential uniforms and tools, some travel and living costs, as well as Standard Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.
To find out more about other finance and support available click here
2. Resources of the week – Print & Online
Books of the week.
- Your First Job ~ How to make a success of starting work.
- Ready Made CVs ~ A resource book offering several ways to design your CV.
- Great Answers to Tough Career Dilemmas.
- How to Pass Graduate Psychometric Tests.
Available to loan out from the Careers Centre in the Edge (outside the library) plus many more!
Volunteering is a great way to boost your CV.
From developing new skills to helping those in need, there are lots of good reasons for students to get involved in volunteering.
Access lots of volunteering opportunities on MyCareerHub now. Use your BU login details to access this information.
Don’t forget that SUBU also advertise volunteering opportunities.
Resource Topics on MyCareerHub
- Overseas Employer Directories
- Careers & Recruitment Fairs
- Body Language in Interviews
- Working in Retail
More Careers Resources can be accessed on MyCareerHub here
3. This week ~ On campus Careers & Job Application Advice, Workshops & Employer Events
Non Confidential Drop in Advice Sessions this Week
The Careers Advisor team will be offering drop in advice (no need to book) in the Careers Centre (outside the library) at the following times this week:-
- Monday 22nd May from 9.30am – 11.30am
- Tuesday 23rd May from 2pm – 4pm
- Wednesday 24th May from 10am – 12 Noon
- Thursday 25th May from 2pm – 4pm
- Friday 26th May from 1.30pm – 3.30pm
Please note that the Global Engagement team will have a Drop In session this week for Study and Work Abroad.
- Wednesday 24th May from 1pm ~ 5pm
You can visit their webpages here for further information.
Confidential Appointments this Week
Confidential Face to face, telephone and Skype appointments with our careers advisor team are available to book this week on both Talbot & Lansdowne Campuses.
View all available appointments via MyCareerHub here
4. This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- Dorset FA (Bournemouth Uni) – Film Maker (Part time) Bournemouth
- Rick Steins Sunset Cinema – Catering Staff (part time), Chewton Glen resort (New Forest)
- Oakwood Prep School – Sports Assistant (9 months) Chichester
- Hivewire –Software Developer (full stack) (full time)– Bournemouth/ Southampton
- Blue Skies Lifestyle Ltd – Ski Travel Specialist (full time) Bournemouth, All UK:
For more part time, vacation, voluntary, placement & graduate job vacancies visit MyCareerHub here
5. More Careers & Recruitment News, Events & Opportunities
Further BU Opportunities
- Want to boost your CV and stand out in the job crowd? Apply for FREE BU student membership of the Institute of Directors!
- Have you been on Placement and want the chance to win £500? Apply now to the BU Annual Undergraduate Placement Prize Competition
Further External Opportunities
- Considering a career in computer teaching? Apply for a teaching scholarship that is worth £27,500
- Want to develop your professional skills for work? Become a Youth Employment UK Young Professional today
Off Campus careers & recruitment events can be found on MyCareerHub
Further Recruitment News can be found on the C&E Twitter Page
For further details of opportunities to boost your CV, check out the C&E Employability Blog
*If you would like to provide some feedback on this blog post then please email email@example.com