Bournemouth University is pleased to announce that we can now accept IoD student membership applications for the coming year.
An Institute of Directors (IoD) student membership (paid for by BU rather than you) will prove invaluable for anyone interested in business, whether you see yourself as a potential corporate high-flyer, a budding entrepreneur or simply an ambitious student with an eye on the best possible degree.
This IoD membership is perfect for those of you interested in Business Studies, Finance, Economics, Accountancy, and Marketing, or who wish start their own business now or in the future.
How to Apply
To get involved and apply for student membership, please fill out this short Application Form and send it to email@example.com. Please open the application form in Word (via a pdf converter if need be) or print it and hand it in to Careers Staff in The Edge (outside Sir Michael Cobham Library)
Benefits of an IOD Student Membership:
- As a member you will have access to an expert panel comprising of experienced people in the world of business – such as entrepreneurs, chief executives, business leaders, HR specialists and legal experts. You will then be able to communicate directly with them in person or in private should you wish to do so.
- Access to the IoD’s national student events, a dedicated programme of events and networking opportunities in your area and privileged access to the IoD’s Annual Convention at the Royal Albert Hall with its unrivalled, stellar line-up of headline speakers and thought leaders from the worlds of politics and business.
- IoD student membership entitles you to be a part of the IoD’s members-only LinkedIn group. This elite network of professionals, entrepreneurs, directors and business leaders is a perfect place to get your name and your business known among key influencers. The network can also be an invaluable sounding board, provoke interesting discussion and provide a great source of feedback.
- Access to our placement and internships noticeboard within our online student community. Any exciting Internship and work placement opportunities from our director level members can be found here.
- Digital access to Director – Britain’s leading magazine for board-level executives. Packed with lively and informative features, inspirational case studies and interviews and shorter advisory items, it is considered an essential read for company directors and will provide a valuable insight into the latest business issues, challenges and philosophy.
- Business Information Service – a wealth of online business intelligence regularly curated and relevant for tomorrow’s directors. This is in the members’ only web portal on the website; factsheets and articles are written on the latest business topics by the IoD research team, and include briefings on topics such as HR, law, marketing, IT and corporate finance.
- Online members-only networking group on LinkedIn – student members can join an exclusive LinkedIn group to network with other student members, and we also encourage our full level members to join. We offer student discounts on here, advertise student events and it’s a great place for students to ask questions in a friendly environment.
- Exclusive discounts – access to specially negotiated deals on a range of personal and professional products and services. These include insurance, car rental, health plans and much more!
If you have any questions or queries regarding the above please pop into The Careers Centre at Talbot Campus (outside the library) to talk to Robert, Kieran or one of the Careers Advisers.
Alternatively you can email us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org.