(outside the Sir Michael Cobham Library, Talbot Campus)
Open 8.45am – 4.30pm – Monday – Friday
Tel: 01202 961663
Find us on Twitter
- 121 Advice & Guidance Availability
- Events on Campus
- BU Opportunities to develop the CV
- Latest Job Vacancies
- Recommended Careers Resources – Print & Online
- External Events & Opportunities
1-2-1 Advice & Guidance
Drop In Advice (available in the Careers Centre, outside the library)
- Monday 16th October from 10am ~ 12 noon
- Tuesday 17th October from 1.30pm – 3.30pm
- Wednesday 18th October from 10am – 12 Noon
- Wednesday 18th October from 1pm – 5pm (Study & Work Abroad Team)
- Thursday 19th October Please note there is no ‘Drop In’ today
- Friday 20th October from 9am – 11am
Events on Campus
Your Career Week…. getting you on your career path – Tuesday 17 – Friday 20 October 2017
A week of networking and skill development opportunities for BU Students and Graduates, featuring the BU Annual Careers Fair!
Your Career Week is a week of networking and skill development opportunities for BU students and graduates enabling you to meet future employers, learn from industry experts and boost your appeal by gaining new skills.
As part of the week long event, you can find out more about the Global Talent Programme 2017 and you can have some fun with HMRCs speed-pitching as well as sign up to a range of employer workshops and talks.
In addition to this, the BU Annual Careers Fair will be taking place from the 18th – 19th October.
Careers Fairs are an ideal way to meet employers (local, national and international) in a relaxed and familiar environment, with staff on hand to help.
Whether you know exactly what you want in your future career, or would just like an informal chat to learn more about different opportunities, a Careers Fair at BU is a great place to be.
Employers at this years fair will be offering placement, internship and graduate opportunities and most employers have said they want to meet students from a wide range of courses.
So if you’re looking for ways to boost your employability, plan your placement and continue our excellent graduate employment rate after your studies*, you need to get involved with Your Career Week!
To access the full programme of events running throughout the week as well as details of all the employers who are attending the BU Annual Careers Fair click here
* 92.3% of Bournemouth University students are in work or further study six months after graduating from University – Destination of Leavers from Higher Education Survey 2016
BU Opportunities of the Week
- Win £100 to spend on Amazon and help the Careers & Employability Service at the same time
- Volunteering with SUBU is a great way to add skills and experience to your CV
- Get involved with Global Talent Programme ~ Make your CV really stand out from the crowd and be recognised as a global talent by future employers
- Applications open for the Dynamo Enterprise Challenge for Budding BU entrepreneurial students (Closing date 27th October)
Latest Job Vacancies of the Week
- Nissan – Marketing, Rickmansworth
- BH LIVE – Operations General Assistant, Bournemouth
- 115 Childcare Services – Playworker, Bournemouth
Recommended Careers Resources of the Week
Brilliant Series ~ How to write a brilliant CV
This book tells you what a prospective employer is looking for and how to write it, with sections on;
- Writing a CV from scratch
- How to read a job advert
- What sort of person are you
- Presenting your CV
Available to loan out from the Careers Centre in the Edge (outside the library) plus many more!
Are you looking for CV & Covering Letter Templates to help you when applying of jobs or placements? Have a look at our booklet ‘packed’ with resources such as;
- Understanding your skills
- Getting the Profile right
- How to make an approach
- Example Cover Letter
Access the resource here
- Paid Summer Internship opportunity for students with a disability or long term health condition with Change100!
- Are you a Programming, 3D art, Animation or VFX Final Year or Masters student? Here’s a chance to win an interview with a leading studio plus other prizes!
- Are you a Law Student? Here’s your chance to win £5,000 and a valuable work placement – Deadline 14th January 2018