Volunteering is an opportunity not only to help others but it can also increase your employability and give you the chance to enhance your CV. It will also show future employers your motivation to gain more from your time at university.
Participating will enable you to:
- Learn new skills.
- Boost your confidence.
- Start networking and make new friends.
- Develop transferable skills such as team work and communication.
- Improve your wellbeing by helping others.
You can volunteer with SUBU while you are studying here at BU and here are just three types of volunteering opportunities that they have:
- Student led projects ~ these are aimed at volunteer leaders to help develop leadership skills.
- Charity Volunteering ~ local charities register and promote their opportunities on the SUBU website.
- MAD (Make a difference) Day ~ such as wrapping Christmas presents for a local care home.
To discuss this in more detail please visit the SUBU website where you will also find their contact details. Don’t forget that you can meet with a Careers Advisor to discuss how to add these to your CV and ‘showcase’ your skills to prospective employers.