The Careers Centre (outside the Sir Michael Cobham Library, Talbot Campus)
Open 8.45am – 4.30pm – Monday – Friday
Tel: 01202 961663
Find us on Twitter
- Opportunity of the Week
- Resources of the Week – Print & Online
- On Campus Careers & Recruitment events this Week
- This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- External Careers & Recruitment News/Opportunities/Events
1.Opportunity of the Week
Want to boost your CV whilst Studying? Become a BU Student Ambassador
Did you know that there are a number of opportunities to work whilst you’re studying here at BU with flexible paid roles across the university. To find out more about being a student ambassador this article will explain more.
Here are some additional benefits of being a BU Student Ambassador to consider;
- It will look good on your CV and employers are always looking for applicants with skills such as: communication, ability to work as part of a team, reliability and using your own initiative.
- It’s on your door step and you can possibly walk to work! Previous Student Ambassador jobs have been based on both Lansdowne and Talbot Campus in departments such as; IT, Marketing & Communications, Library Services and AskBU.
- It’s an opportunity to be an ambassador for BU and to promote the benefits of studying here. If you are offered a role on one of the many Open Days that BU run then you will play a key part in inspiring prospective students to study at BU. This is also a chance to engage with a range of people outside of BU which could help to improve your confidence and networking skills.
- Future students also want to know about non academic ‘life’ here on campus and there’s nothing better than hearing from the perspective of those students that are already studying here. Things such as; what is the accommodation like, what clubs, societies and networking opportunities are there, the cost of living and just maybe the nightlife!
To find out what Student Ambassador roles are currently available click here
2. Resources of the week – Print & Online
Pick up a FREE copy of The Guardian UK 300 Top Employers Guide 2016/17
The most popular graduate employers as voted by students and graduates in the United Kingdom.
- Showcasing employers: choosing the best company for you
- The 300 most popular graduate employers in the UK
- The top employers by career sector
- Spotlight on the Engineering sector
- Graduate Employee Insights
- Leaders and Executive Career Insights
- Graduate employers in detail
- All 300 employers briefly described
Pick up your FREE copy from the Careers Centre in The Edge (outside the library) while stocks last!
Are you going on a Study Exchange or looking to Work Abroad?
Check out ‘Goin Global‘ a great resource for researching your overseas destination. The Goin Global database includes more than 10,000 pages of constantly-updated content on how to work abroad including a database of current overseas job opportunities, work permit/visa regulations and application writing guidelines for specific cities and countries and much more!
Here is further information on Study and Work Abroad.
Resource Topics on MyCareerHub
- Sector Specific Job Hunting
- Exploring Career Options
- Job Hunting UK & Overseas
- Job Applications – CVs, Interviews, Tests
- Country Profiles A-Z
More Careers Resources can be accessed on MyCareerHub here
3. This week ~ On campus Careers & Job Application Advice, Workshops & Employer Events
Non Confidential Drop in Advice Sessions this Week
The Careers Advisor team will be offering drop in advice (no need to book) in the Careers Centre (outside the library) at the following times this week:-
- Monday 29th May CLOSED FOR BANK HOLIDAY
- Tuesday 30th May from 1.30pm – 3.30pm
- Wednesday 31st May from 9.30am – 11.30am
- Thursday 1st June from 1.30pm – 3.30pm
- Friday 2nd June from 1.30pm – 3.30pm
Please note that the Global Engagement team will have a Drop In session this week for Study and Work Abroad.
- Wednesday 31st May from 1pm ~ 5pm
You can visit their webpages here for further information.
Confidential Appointments this Week
Confidential Face to face, telephone and Skype appointments with our careers advisor team are available to book this week on both Talbot & Lansdowne Campuses.
View all available appointments via MyCareerHub here
4. This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- Perform – Drama & Dance Teacher – (Part time) Multiple locations around UK
- Smyle – Event Manager (part time), London
- Nintendo UK – E-Commerce & Trade Marketing (12 months) Windsor:
- Bournemouth University SUBU –Marketing Data Analyst (full time)– Bournemouth/ Poole
- England Associates – Trainee Recruiting Consultant (full time) Whiteley Southampton
For more part time, vacation, voluntary, placement & graduate job vacancies visit MyCareerHub here
5. More Careers & Recruitment News, Events & Opportunities
Further BU Opportunities
- Want to boost your CV and stand out in the job crowd? Apply for FREE BU student membership of the Institute of Directors!
- Are you going on Placement? Do you know about the BU Placement Opportunity Fund?
- A great volunteering opportunity to add to your CV and it’s based here at BU. Apply now!
- Want to bring your achievements and ambition to the attention of local employers? Enter the Dorset ROCK Awards 2017
- Have you been on Placement and want the chance to win £500? Apply now to the BU Annual Undergraduate Placement Prize Competition
Further External Opportunities
- Considering a career in computer teaching? Apply for a teaching scholarship that is worth £27,500
- Want to develop your professional skills for work? Become a Youth Employment UK Young Professional today
- Are you looking to continue your studies in Japan? Here is a scholarship opportunity for you.
- Looking to develop your Global Skills? Volunteer with BUNAC as a sports coach in South Africa
Further Off Campus careers & recruitment events can be found on MyCareerHub
Further Recruitment News can be found on the C&E Twitter Page
For further details of opportunities to boost your CV, check out the C&E Employability Blog
*If you would like to provide some feedback on this blog post then please email email@example.com