The Careers Centre (outside the Sir Michael Cobham Library, Talbot Campus)
Open 8.45am – 4.30pm – Monday – Friday
Tel: 01202 961663
Find us on Twitter
- Opportunity of the Week
- Resources of the Week – Print & Online
- On Campus Careers & Recruitment events this Week
- This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- External Careers & Recruitment News/Opportunities/Events
1.Opportunity of the Week
Want to boost your CV and stand out in the job crowd? Apply for FREE BU student membership of the Institute of Directors!
Bournemouth University Careers & Employability Service are funding a one year student membership at the IoD for a select number of BU students to take advantage of a fantastic opportunity to participate in activity to learn new skills and add a USP (Unique Selling Point) to your CV.
To find out more about the Institute of Directors click here
To receive your welcome pack and membership card, please fill out and return the following application form (ignoring the payment section) by email to email@example.com
Student membership at the Institute of Directors normally costs £75.00 per year but Bournemouth University Employability will be funding this for a year on your behalf so membership for you will be free!
You will receive your membership pack by post within 2 weeks. As a student member, you will have access to a number of benefits such as attending fantastic networking opportunities with our Director-level members, access to a mentoring panel on our website, huge discounts to some of the Institute of Directors flagship events and a wealth of online business resources!
The closing date for applications will be Monday 10th July 2017.
We look forward to welcoming you as a student member of the IoD!
Books of the week
These books are from the Brilliant Series:
- Graduate Career Handbook ~ What you need to know and how to do it
- How to write a brilliant CV
- Answers to Tough Interview Questions
- Workplace Skills for Students & Graduates ~ How to hit the ground running from your first day on the job
Available to loan out from the Careers Centre in the Edge (outside the library) plus many more!
Have you thought about a career plan?
Do you want to maximise your employability each year that you are at BU? Why not look at the Calendar of Careers Action on MyCareerHub. It will help you to ensure that you are as employable as possible when you leave BU.
There are action plans for:
- 1st Years
- 2nd Years
- Placement Year Students
- Final Years
To find out more click here and use your BU login details to access this information.
Resource Topics on MyCareerHub
- Self Employment
- Working in SMEs
- Creating an Elevator Pitch for Interviews
- Working in PR
- Working in New Zealand
More Careers Resources can be accessed on MyCareerHub here
3. This week ~ On campus Careers & Job Application Advice, Workshops & Employer Events
Non Confidential Drop in Advice Sessions this Week
The Careers Advisor team will be offering drop in advice (no need to book) in the Careers Centre (outside the library) at the following times this week:-
- Monday 8th May from 9.30am – 11.30am
- Tuesday 9th May from 1.30pm – 3.30pm
- Wednesday 10th May from 10am – 12 Noon
- Thursday 11th May from 2pm – 4pm
- Friday 12th May from 1.30pm – 3.30pm
A Global Engagement team member will be available to give advice on work and study abroad (no need to book) in the Careers Centre (outside the library) at the following times this week:-
- Wednesday 10th May from 1pm –5pm
Confidential Appointments this Week
Confidential Face to face, telephone and Skype appointments with our careers advisor team are available to book this week on both Talbot & Lansdowne Campuses.
View all available appointments via MyCareerHub here
On-Campus Workshops & Employer Events
This Week on Campus
- Creative CV’s Would you like to know more about how to make your CV more creative?
- Introduction to LinkedIn This hands on interactive workshop will take you through setting up a LinkedIn profile.
- Meet the Entrepreneur event
Forthcoming on Campus
View all forthcoming events on campus
4. This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
TE Care – Personal assistant, Weymouth
Grafham Walbancke – Researcher/ Administrator, Bournemouth
Red Photographic – Marketing and Operations Assistant, Richmond, London
Sphere Group – Data Management and Research Executive – London, Birmingham, Manchester
Merlin Entertainments – Trainee IT Project Manager, London
For more part time, vacation, voluntary, placement & graduate job vacancies visit MyCareerHub here
5. More Careers & Recruitment News, Events & Opportunities
Further BU Opportunities
- Worried about the cost of going on a Placement? Find out about the BU Placement Opportunity Fund!
- Do you have what it takes to be named the IoD Student of the Year 2017? Find out more and apply by 9th May
- Want to bring your achievements and ambition to the attention of local employers? Enter the Dorset ROCK Awards 2017
- Have you been on Placement and want the chance to win £500? Apply now to the BU Annual Undergraduate Placement Prize Competition
Further External Opportunities
- Considering a career in computer teaching? Apply for a teaching scholarship that is worth £27,500
- Want to develop your professional skills for work? Become a Youth Employment UK Young Professional today
- An opportunity to learn a language, develop a global mind-set and maximise your future employability with the Study China Programme.
Further Off Campus careers & recruitment events can be found on MyCareerHub
Further Recruitment News can be found on the C&E Twitter Page
For further details of opportunities to boost your CV, check out the C&E Employability Blog
*If you would like to provide some feedback on this blog post then please email firstname.lastname@example.org