The Careers Centre (outside the Sir Michael Cobham Library, Talbot Campus)
Open 8.45am – 4.30pm – Monday – Friday ~ Term time and vacation.
Tel: 01202 961663
Find us on Twitter
- Opportunity of the Week
- Resources of the Week – Print & Online
- On Campus Careers & Recruitment events this Week
- This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- External Careers & Recruitment News/Opportunities/Events
1.Opportunity of the Week
Santander/Bournemouth University Internship Scheme 2016 – 2017
Santander and Bournemouth University have launched the Santander/BU Internship Scheme for 2016 -2017 and applications are now open.
Details of the Scheme:
- Over 30 internships available
- Provides 10 week internship opportunities within local and national SME’s (Small to Medium Sized Companies)
- Open to ALL BU students and recent BU Graduates (up to 3 years from graduation)
- Each intern will be funded for the duration of 10 weeks at a maximum of £3,000 per individual.
- Students can only complete one internship per scheme
To access all the Internship Opportunities on offer and to apply visit
Further opportunities to boost your CV can be found on our Employability Blog
2. Resources of the week – Print & Online
Books of the Week
- I’m on LinkedIn ~ Now What?
- Clearly Creative CV ~ How to write a CV for the Creative Industries
- Knockout job interview presentations ~ How to present with confidence
- Checklists for Entrepreneurs ~ Your shortcut to success
Available to loan out from the Careers Centre (outside the library) plus many more!
Practice your Interview Technique with the ‘Abintegro Interview Practice Simulator Package’
Interviews can be daunting, even for experienced professionals. With the ‘Interview Simulator’ package from Abintegro Limited, students can test themselves with interactive questions and best practice answers from experienced professionals to build up their confidence and competence.
What it includes:-
- Practise hundreds of interview questions from leading hiring managers, in a time-pressured environment, to build confidence and competence, giving the greatest chance of interview success.
- Take a mock interview, where auto-generated questions, designed to mirror the structure of an interview, test you in a time pressured environment. Answers can be recorded in audio and video for review, and notes can be quickly downloaded into preparation packs.
- Browse 101 of the most trusted and important interview questions in the simulator, helping you to understand what’s important, what employers are looking for, and the top DO’s and DON’Ts of all our questions.
- Watch videos of experienced professionals giving their honest advice about why they ask these questions, and how good answers differ from poor ones.
Above all, the interview simulator is there to help you feel confident and ready to answer questions thrown at you in an interview.
Click here to start practicing!
Resource Topics on MyCareerHub
- Job Applications – CVs, Interviews, Tests
- Deciding what to do Next
- Job Hunting UK & Overseas
- Sector Job Hunting
- Country Profiles A-Z
More Careers Resources can be accessed on MyCareerHub here
3. This week ~ On campus Careers & Job Application Advice, Workshops & Employer Events
Non Confidential Drop in Advice Sessions this Week
The Careers Advisor team will be offering drop in advice (no need to book) in the Careers Centre (outside the library) at the following times this week:-
- Monday 3rd April from 9.30am – 11.30am
- Tuesday 4th April from 3pm – 4.30pm
- Wednesday 5th April from 9.30am – 10.30am
- Thursday 6th April from 2pm – 4pm
- Friday 7th April from 1.30pm – 3.30pm
The Work & Study Abroad Team will be offering drop in advice (no need to book) in the Careers Centre (outside the library) at the following times this week:-
- Tuesday 4th April from 9am – 12 Noon
- Wednesday 5th April from 1pm –5pm
Confidential Appointments this Week
Confidential Face to face, telephone and Skype appointments with our careers advisor team are available to book this week on both Talbot & Lansdowne Campuses.
View all available appointments via MyCareerHub here
On-Campus Workshops & Employer Events
This Week on Campus
- International Students – How to effectively promote your UK experience around the world (Wednesday 5th April)
View all forthcoming events on campus
4. This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
Brett Martin – Product Design & Support Engineer, Conventry, West Midlands
Amigo Loans – Research/Investment Analyst, Bournemouth
Hampshire Cultural Trust – Visitor Services Assistant, Hampshire
Sanctuary Graduates – Student Headhunters Wanted, Bournemouth
Nintendo UK – Communications Intern, Windsor
For more part time, vacation, voluntary, placement & graduate job vacancies visit MyCareerHub here
More Careers & Recruitment News, Events & Opportunities
Further BU Opportunities
- Applications open for BU Resident Assistant Roles – Application deadline 7th April
- Stand out in a competitive Jobs market with a FREE student membership to the Institute of Directors – Sign up Now!
- Worried about the cost of going on a Placement? Find out about the BU Placement Opportunity Fund!
Further External Opportunities
- Considering a career in computer teaching? Apply for a teaching scholarship that is worth £27,500
- Want to develop your professional skills for work? Become a Youth Employment UK Young Professional today
- Looking to develop your Global Skills? Volunteer with BUNAC as a sports coach in South Africa
- Want to study in China and boost your Global Employability?
Further Off Campus careers & recruitment events can be found on MyCareerHub
Further Recruitment News can be found on the C&E Twitter Page
For further details of opportunities to boost your CV, check out the C&E Employability Blog
*If you would like to provide some feedback on this blog post then please email firstname.lastname@example.org