The Edge Student Development Centre (outside the Sir Michael Cobham Library, Talbot Campus)
Open 8.45am – 4.30pm – Monday – Friday
Tel: 01202 961663
Find us on Twitter
- Opportunity of the Week
- Resources of the Week – Print & Online
- On Campus Careers & Recruitment events this Week
- This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- External Careers & Recruitment News/Opportunities/Events
1.Opportunity of the Week
Make your CV really stand out from the crowd and be recognised as a global talent by future employers with the BU Global Talent Programme
All BU students can sign up for the Global Talent Programme which has been created in collaboration with employers to identify and develop students to succeed as graduates in today’s (and tomorrow’s) highly competitive global workplace.
You will focus on themes key to the global workplace: global citizienship, collaboration, skills development and research & innovation.
These are relevant attributes employers are looking for, regardless of what you are studying or which industry you choose to work in.
Click here for further information and how to apply.
Further opportunities to boost your CV can be found on our Employability Blog
2. Resources of the week – Print & Online
Pick up a FREE copy of The Job Crowd – Top Companies for Graduates to Work for 2016/17
The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work for 2016/17 Guide is unique as it is the only graduate employer ranking based entirely on graduate employee feedback.
This means that the companies listed are those that actual graduate employees say are the best companies to work for, not just those who might be the best known. These are the companies who are really, truly, the best places to work.
- Who do i want to work for?
- A graduate case study by National Grid
- The Top 100 Companies Rankings Larger Intake
- The Top 100 Companies Rankings Smaller Intake
- Employers listed by Degree
- Employers listed by Geographical Region
- The Top 100 companies by Sector
Pick up your FREE copy whilst stocks last from the Careers Centre (outside the library, Talbot Campus)
Alternatively you can access the employer rankings online here
Get Bitesized hints and tips on the job application process with our Bitesize videos on MyCareerHub!
A number of videos are now available to view online to help you with preparing for job applications, interviews, assessment centres and life after university.
- How to boost your Employability
- CV & Covering Letter Advice
- Interview Advice
- Assessment Centres
- Journeys to Work – Stories from Graduates moving from uni to work
- Get that Job for Disabled Students & Graduates
Click here to view the selection
Here is a link to more great resources and templates on MyCareerHub to help get you started.
Resource Topics on MyCareerHub
More Careers Resources can be accessed on MyCareerHub here
3. This week ~ On campus Careers & Job Application Advice, Workshops & Employer Events
Non Confidential Drop in Advice Sessions this Week
The Careers Advisor team will be offering drop in advice (no need to book) in the Edge (outside the library) at the following times this week:-
- Monday 27th March from 9.30am – 11.30am
- Tuesday 28th March from 1.30pm – 3.30pm
- Wednesday 29th March from 10am – 12 Noon
- Thursday 30th March from 2pm – 4pm
- Friday 31st March from 1.30pm – 3.30pm
The Work & Study Abroad Team will be offering drop in advice (no need to book) in the Edge (outside the library) at the following times this week:-
- Tuesday 21st March from 9am – 12 Noon
- Wednesday 22nd March from 1pm –5pm
Confidential Appointments this Week
Confidential Face to face, telephone and Skype appointments with our careers advisor team are available to book this week on both Talbot & Lansdowne Campuses.
View all available appointments via MyCareerHub here
On-Campus Workshops & Employer Events
This Week on Campus
- BU Institute of Directors presents ~ Marketing Strategy – An Insightful Story (28th March)
- Preparing for Interviews (30th March)
- Introduction to LinkedIn (30th March)
Forthcoming on Campus
- Would you like to know the secrets to creating a winning CV? (Tues 4th April)
- International Students – How to effectively promote your UK experience around the world (Wednesday 5th April)
View all forthcoming events on campus
4. This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
Cuco Creative – Junior Marketing Executive, Bournemouth
South Coast Caterers (The Ark) – Front of House Manager, Poole
Village Hotel Club – Housekeeping Assistant, Bournemouth
BCHA – Summer NCS Team Leaders, Bournemouth
Merlin Entertainments – Graphic Marketing Assistant, Chessington
For more part time, vacation, voluntary, placement & graduate job vacancies visit MyCareerHub here
More Careers & Recruitment News, Events & Opportunities
Further BU Opportunities
- Fund an overseas placement/trip – Apply for BU Global Horizons Funding – Deadline 31st March
- Applications open for BU Resident Assistant Roles – Application deadline 7th April
- Stand out in a competitive Jobs market with a FREE student membership to the Institute of Directors – Sign up Now!
- Worried about the cost of going on a Placement? Find out about the BU Placement Opportunity Fund!
Further External Opportunities
- Considering a career in computer teaching? Apply for a teaching scholarship that is worth £27,500
- Are you a story teller? Can you bring social issues ‘to life’ through the written word? The Koreo prize gives you the opportunity to win £5000 plus a potential paid work placement!
- Want to develop your professional skills for work? Become a Youth Employment UK Young Professional today
- Looking to develop your Global Skills? Volunteer with BUNAC as a sports coach in South Africa
- Want to study in China and boost your Global Employability?
Further Off Campus careers & recruitment events can be found on MyCareerHub
Further Recruitment News can be found on the C&E Twitter Page
For further details of opportunities to boost your CV, check out the C&E Employability Blog
*If you would like to provide some feedback on this blog post then please email email@example.com