The Edge Student Development Centre (outside the Sir Michael Cobham Library, Talbot Campus)
Open 8.45am – 4.30pm – Monday – Friday
Tel: 01202 961663
Find us on Twitter
- Opportunity of the Week
- Resources of the Week – Print & Online
- On Campus Careers & Recruitment events this Week
- This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- External Careers & Recruitment News/Opportunities/Events
1.Opportunity of the Week
Santander and Bournemouth University have launched the Santander/BU Internship Scheme for 2016-17.
Details of the Scheme:
- Over 30 internships available
- Provides fully funded 10 week internship opportunities within local and national SME’s (Small to Medium Sized Companies)
- Open to ALL BU students and recent BU Graduates (up to 3 years from graduation)
- Get paid a maximum of £3000
- Students can only complete one internship per scheme
To access all the Internship Opportunities on offer and to apply visit
Further opportunities to boost your CV can be found on our Employability Blog
2. Resources of the week
Pick up a FREE copy of the Guardian UK 300 Top Employers Guide 2016/17
The most popular graduate employers as voted by students and graduates in the United Kingdom. It includes:-
- Showcasing employers: choosing the best company for you
- The 300 most popular graduate employers in the UK
- The top employers by career sector
- Spotlight on the Engineering sector
- Graduate Employee Insights
- Leaders and Executive Career Insights
- Graduate employers in detail
- All 300 employers briefly described
Pick up your FREE copy from the careers centre in the Edge (outside the library) whilst stocks last!
Available from the Careers Centre in the Edge (outside the library) plus many more!
Boost your employability skills whilst at BU and Stand out from the Job Crowd.
Access your Careers & Employability Action Plan for Semester Two!
Employers tell us that a degree alone is no longer enough in a competitive placement and graduate jobs market. They are seeking students and graduates who stand out from the crowd through well-developed transferable skills, gained from a range of extra-curricular activities and work experience undertaken during their time at university.
With this in mind therefore, taking advantage of every opportunity that is available to you whilst at BU will be crucial in ensuring that you develop your skills and CV which will help you to stand out from the crowd when searching for Placements and Graduate Jobs.
The sooner you start thinking about it therefore the better and so to help the Careers & Employability Service have put together a calendar of action which will give you a good idea of what opportunities are available to you throughout your studies and what you should be thinking about at different stages of your studies to ensure you know what you need to do in order to become as employable as possible.
View the Calendar of Careers Action for Semester Two here
Resource Topics on MyCareerHub
- Recruitment Agencies
- How to behave at an Assessment Centre
- Working Holidays overseas
- Being Commercially aware for Interviews
- Working in Hospitality
More Careers Resources can be accessed on MyCareerHub here
3. This week ~ On campus Careers & Job Application Advice, Workshops & Employer Events
Non Confidential Drop in Advice Sessions this Week
The Careers Advisor team will be offering drop in advice (no need to book) in the Edge (outside the library) at the following times this week:-
- Monday 13th March from 9.30am – 11.30am
- Tuesday 14th March from 1.30pm – 3.30pm
- Wednesday 15th March from 10am – 12 Noon
- Thursday 16th March from 2.30pm – 4.30pm
- Friday 17th March from 2pm – 4pm
The Work & Study Abroad Team will be offering drop in advice (no need to book) in the Edge (outside the library) at the following times this week:-
- Tuesday 14th March from 9am – 12 Noon
- Wednesday 15th March from 1pm –5pm
Confidential Appointments this Week
Confidential Face to face, telephone and Skype appointments with our careers advisor team are available to book this week on both Talbot & Lansdowne Campuses.
View all available appointments via MyCareerHub here
On-Campus Workshops & Employer Events
This Week on Campus
- How to write a winning CV – Monday 13th March – Sign up Now
- Events Placement Opportunity with rhubarb Presentation – working with Skygarden and the Royal Albert Hall! Sign up Now
- Mock Assessment Centre Practice – Wednesday 15th March – Sign up Now
- BU Postgraduate Study Open Afternoon – Wednesday 15th March – Sign up Now
Forthcoming on Campus
- Beat the Job Search blues – Succeed in the recruitment process by building up your confidence and resilience (Tues 21st) Sign up here
- Does the thought of an interview fill you with dread? Preparing for Interviews – (At Lansdowne Campus) (Weds 22nd) Sign up here
- Find out different ways of getting valuable experience in organisations that will add value to your CV (Thurs 23rd) Sign up here
View all forthcoming events on campus
4. This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
Somerset County Council – Social Worker, Somerset
Dawn Ellmore – Intellectual Property Assistant, Southampton
Ansbury – Face Forward Media and Communications Assistant, Poole
Thames Water Utilities – Research Scientist/Engineer, London
For more part time, vacation, voluntary, placement & graduate job vacancies visit MyCareerHub here
More Careers & Recruitment News, Events & Opportunities
Further BU Opportunities
- Stand out in a competitive Jobs market with a FREE student membership to the Institute of Directors – Sign up Now!
- Looking to boost your employment prospects? The unique BU Global Talent Programme is open for registrations!
- Are you a story teller? Can you bring social issues ‘to life’ through the written word? The Koreo prize gives you the opportunity to win £5000 plus a potential paid work placement!
- Are you looking for a job in the Healthcare sector? Why not visit the Dorset Healthcare Recruitment Open Days.
- Kick start your career in Finance! Why not compete for an interview opportunity with Credit Suisse HOLT and Affiliates
Further Off Campus careers & recruitment events can be found on MyCareerHub
Further Recruitment News can be found on the C&E Twitter Page
For further details of opportunities to boost your CV, check out the C&E Employability Blog
*If you would like to provide some feedback on this blog post then please email firstname.lastname@example.org