The Edge Student Development Centre (outside the Sir Michael Cobham Library, Talbot Campus)
Open 8.45am – 4.30pm – Monday – Friday
Tel: 01202 961663
Find us on Twitter
- Opportunity of the Week
- Resources of the Week – Print & Online
- On Campus Careers & Recruitment events this Week
- This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- External Careers & Recruitment News/Opportunities/Events
1. Opportunity of the Week
Stand out in a competitive Jobs market with a FREE student membership to the Institute of Directors – Sign up Now!
In today’s competitive employment and business landscape, there’s a great way to show that you are are serious about success: an IoD student membership.
Your IoD student membership will provide you with a range of benefits to support you in both your studies and your future career, giving you a competitive advantage when applying for jobs or setting up your own business.
Our student members have access to regular events across the country where you will meet professionals, employers, entrepreneurs – all business leaders who will share with you their knowledge gained from a wealth of experience and who could become valuable contacts for the immediate and long-term future. Your IoD student membership will give you the opportunity to attend IoD events featuring elite speakers and thought leaders from the highest levels of both government and business, from senior cabinet ministers to successful global disruptors and entrepreneurs to CEOs of leading multinational companies.
Become a student member now and get involved
Your student membership will also give you access to the IoD’s enviable supply of information on everything from legal issues to finding finance to human resources, material that will prove invaluable whether you need it for your own business or simply for essay writing. The Work Placement and Internships Noticeboard will put you in the front line for work experience and interning opportunities. On top of all that, we will run a bespoke programme of events tailored for you and delivered both at your university and the IoD’s headquarters at 116 Pall Mall.
We look forward to welcoming you into our diverse and vibrant business community and encourage you to get involved as much as possible. In return we will inform and educate you on the world of business and entrepreneurship, help you to make valuable connections and ensure you develop a portfolio of practical business tools that will stay with you for the rest of your career.
Normally student IOD membership is £75, but for BU students, membership is FREE! However, they only have a certain allocation of memberships available and once they are gone they are gone, so you will need to hurry if you want to take advantage of this great opportunity!
To find out more about the benefits of an IOD student membership and to sign up click here
Further opportunities to boost your CV can be found on our Employability Blog
Practice completing Psychometric tests for FREE!
Profiling for Success offers a series of free online psychometric tests entitled “Profiling for Success”, covering both personality assessment and skills tests.
The tests that you can practice are:-
- Numerical Reasoning Skills Test
- Verbal Reasoning Skills Test
- Abstract Reasoning Skills Test
Assessments that are available through Profiliing for Success are:
- Learning Styles Indicator questionnaire
- Type Dynamics Indicator (TDI) personality type questionnaire
Both of these assessments will generate reports on your own preferred behaviour which could be helpful to you in planning your careers and personal development.
To start practicing these online tests today click here
Resource Topics on MyCareerHub
- Career Planning
- Working in Australia
- Taking a Gap Year
- Delivering Presentations
- Careers and Job Hunting in Advertising
More Careers Resources can be accessed on MyCareerHub here
3.This Week – On Campus Careers & Job Application Advice, Workshops & Employer Events
Non Confidential Drop in Advice Sessions this Week
The Careers Advisor team will be offering drop in advice (no need to book) in the Edge (outside the library) at the following times this week:-
- Monday 13th February 10am – 12pm
- Tuesday 14th February – 2.30pm – 4.30pm
- Wednesday 15th February – 9am – 10am
- Thursday 16th February – 2pm – 4pm
Whether you want to discuss the job hunting and application process or your career options, pop in and have a chat with our friendly team.
Confidential Appointments this Week
Confidential Face to face, telephone and Skype appointments with our careers advisor team are available to book this week on both Talbot & Lansdowne Campuses.
View all available appointments via MyCareerHub here
On-Campus Workshops & Employer Events
This Week on Campus
- How to deliver an effective Presentation at Interview Workshop – Sign up Now
- How to write a winning CV Workshop – Sign up Now
- Nursing Fair – Wednesday 15th Feb – Lansdowne Campus
- Meet an Entrepreneur Event – Sign up Now
Forthcoming on Campus
- How to write an effective CV (Lansdowne Campus) – Sign up Now
View all forthcoming events on campus
4. This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- Let’s Do Dinner Ltd. – Student Web Designer, Broadstone:
- NHS Surrey and Borders Partnership Foundation Trust – Psychology Placement Student, Barnet:
- Crown Business Communications – Live Events Intern, London: https://mycareerhub.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/jobs/detail/726801/placement-at-crown-busines-com
- MCI UK Ltd. – Proposal Writer Copywriter, Petersfield:
- Poole Communities Trust – Community Centre Coordinator, Poole:
For more part time, vacation, voluntary, placement & graduate job vacancies visit MyCareerHub here
More Careers & Recruitment News, Events & Opportunities
- The latest Off Campus careers & recruitment events can be found on MyCareerHub
- The latest Recruitment News can be found on the C&E Twitter Page
- For further details of opportunities to boost your CV, check out the C&E Employability Blog
*If you would like to provide some feedback on this blog post then please email email@example.com