The Edge Student Development Centre (outside the Sir Michael Cobham Library, Talbot Campus)
Open 8.45am – 4.30pm – Monday – Friday
Tel: 01202 961663
Find us on Twitter
- Opportunity of the Week
- Resources of the Week – Print & Online
- On Campus Careers & Recruitment events this Week
- This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- External Careers & Recruitment News/Opportunities/Events
1. Opportunity of the Week
Looking for a Part time job?
Come along to our Combined Part-time jobs and Uniformed Services Fair and meet a range of employers offering part time, voluntary and full time roles. Don’t forget to bring copies of your CV!
Employers will be in attendance from a range of sectors including:
- Beales Gourmet
- The Army
- Bournemouth Borough Council
- Brown Button Events
- Rock Reef Bournemouth
- Devon & Cornwall Police
- Cliff House Hotel
- Royal Navy
- Chewton Glen
- Dorset Police
The event will be taking place on the ground floor of the Fusion Building, Talbot Campus, FG06 between 10am – 12pm. No need to book, just come along!
For help and advice with preparing for recruitment fairs click here
Further opportunities to boost your CV can be found on our Employability Blog
Come and get it…Pick up your FREE copy of the Rate my Placement Top Undergraduate Employer Guide 2016/2017
Based on the diverse experiences of students who have undertaken placements, internships, vacation schemes and insights this guide features:-
- The Top 100 Undergraduate Employers
- The Top 35 Medium-sized Undergraduate Employers
- The Top 5 Small to Medium-sized Undergraduate Employers
- Advice: Opportunities, Salaries, Psychometric Testing etc
- Overviews of various industries and insights from industry experts
Pick up your FREE copy from the Edge Student Development Centre (outside the library), Talbot Campus, whilst stocks last!
Boost your employment skills whilst at BU and stand out from the job crowd – Access your Careers & Employability Action Plan for Semester Two!
Employers tell us that a degree alone is no longer enough in a competitive placement and graduate jobs market. They are seeking students and graduates who stand out from the crowd through well-developed transferable skills, gained from a range of extra-curricular activities and work experience undertaken during their time at university.
With this in mind therefore, taking advantage of every opportunity that is available to you whilst at BU will be crucial in ensuring that you develop your skills and CV which will help you to stand out from the crowd when searching for Placements and Graduate Jobs.
The sooner you start thinking about it therefore the better and so to help the Careers & Employability Service have put together a calendar of action which will give you a good idea of what opportunities are available to you throughout your studies and what you should be thinking about at different stages of your studies to ensure you know what you need to do in order to become as employable as possible.
View the Calendar of Careers Action for Semester Two here
Resource Topics on MyCareerHub
- Working Abroad
- Personal Branding
- BU Placement Employers Overseas
- STAR Technique in Interviews
- Overseas Study Options
More Careers Resources can be accessed on MyCareerHub here
3.This Week – On Campus Careers & Job Application Advice, Workshops & Employer Events
Non Confidential Drop in Advice Sessions this Week
The Careers Advisor team will be offering drop in advice (no need to book) in the Edge (outside the library) at the following times this week:-
- Monday 6th February 10am – 12pm
- Tuesday 7th February – 1.30pm – 3.30pm
- Wednesday 8th February – 11am – 1pm
- Thursday 9th February – 1.30pm – 3.30pm
- Friday 10th February – 2pm – 4pm
Whether you want to discuss the job hunting and application process or your career options, pop in and have a chat with our friendly team.
Confidential Appointments this Week
Confidential Face to face, telephone and Skype appointments with our careers advisor team are available to book this week on both Talbot & Lansdowne Campuses.
View all available appointments via MyCareerHub here
On-Campus Workshops & Employer Events
This Week on Campus
- An Introduction to creating an effective Personal Brand – Monday 6th February – Sign up Here
- How to Network & use LinkedIn effectively to find work opportunities – Thursday 9th Feb – Sign up Here
Forthcoming on Campus
- How to Write a winning CV
- Nursing Fair
- Meet an Entrepreneur Event
- Presentation Skills for Interviews
View all forthcoming events on campus
4. This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- Ideas Box Ltd. – Sales and Marketing Assistant, London:
- Sussex County Cricket Club – Content and Social Media Intern, Hove: https://mycareerhub.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/jobs/detail/717952/placement-at-sussex-county-cri
- Honda UK – Finance Assistant, Bracknell:
- Mackevision – CGI Artist/Data Prep, London:
- Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust – Rotational Occupational Therapist, Stevenage:
For more part time, vacation, voluntary, placement & graduate job vacancies visit MyCareerHub here
More Careers & Recruitment News, Events & Opportunities
- The latest Off Campus careers & recruitment events can be found on MyCareerHub
- The latest Recruitment News can be found on the C&E Twitter Page
- For further details of opportunities to boost your CV, check out the C&E Employability Blog
*If you would like to provide some feedback on this blog post then please email email@example.com