The Edge Student Development Centre (outside the Sir Michael Cobham Library, Talbot Campus)
Open 8.45am – 4.30pm – Monday – Friday
Tel: 01202 961663
Find us on Twitter
- Opportunity of the Week
- Resources of the Week – Print & Online
- On Campus Careers & Recruitment events this Week
- This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- External Careers & Recruitment News/Opportunities/Events
Last chance to enter the Undergraduate Student of the Year Awards and win an Internship – Deadline 30th January!
TARGETjobs, in collaboration with some of the biggest names in graduate recruitment – E.ON, Deutsche Bank, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, First Names Group, FDM, Gazprom, L’Oréal, Laing O’Rourke, MARS, Rolls Royce, and ACCA – has launched the 2017 Undergraduate of the Year Awards competition, now in its seventh year to identify outstanding undergraduates from a range of degree subjects across the UK.
Top companies are looking for the best undergraduates in 12 different sectors which include IT, Engineering, Marketing, Mathematics, Humanities, Business and Management to name but a few.
The rewards are great: winners’ prizes include internships and all-expenses paid trips to Singapore, USA, and continental Europe and the final 10 students in each Award will be invited to the Undergraduate of the Year Awards Event in Canary Wharf London on 21st April, 2017.
This year we have 11 awards categories:
- The Undergraduate of the Year Award for Innovation – New for 2017
- Engineering Undergraduate of the Year
- Management Undergraduate of the Year
- Mathematics, Economics and Finance Undergraduate of the Year
- Construction, Engineering and Design Undergraduate of the Year
- Future Leader in Business Undergraduate of the Year
- The One to Watch Undergraduate of the Year – New for 2017
- Future CFO of the Year
- Female Undergraduate of the Year
- Male Undergraduate of the Year
- Computer Science IT & Physics Undergraduate of the Year – New for 2017
How to Apply
Closing date for applications is 30 January 2017, but make sure you get yours in early to stand a better chance!
To Find out More and to Apply click HERE!
Further opportunities to boost your CV can be found on our Employability Blog
Books of the Week:-
- Brilliant Job Hunting
- Brilliant Cover Letters
- Brilliant Interview
- Brilliant Numeracy Tests
Available to loan out from the Careers Centre in the Edge (outside the library) plus many more!!
Make your job applications stand out! Get A-Z Employer Application Tips from TargetJobs
TargetJobs have produced ‘Employer Hubs’ an A-Z directory of graduate employers searchable by name or by sector. Not only can you find graduate vacancies and work experience opportunities for these employers but you can also find ‘how to get hired‘ tips for many of them detailing what those specific companies are looking for in their job applications so you can ensure that they are as targeted as possible.
Start searching through the A-Z list on TargetJobs here
Resource Topics on MyCareerHub
- Exploring careers options
- Job Hunting UK & Overseas
- Making yourself Employable
- Job Applications – CVs, Applications Forms, Covering Letters
- Sector specific Job Hunting
More Careers Resources can be accessed on MyCareerHub here
3.This Week – On Campus Careers & Job Application Advice, Workshops & Employer Events
Non Confidential Drop in Advice Sessions this Week
The Careers Advisor team will be offering drop in advice (no need to book) in the Edge (outside the library) at the following times this week:-
- Monday 30th January 10am – 12pm
- Tuesday 31st January – 1.30pm – 3.30pm
- Thursday 2nd February – 1.30pm – 3.30pm
- Friday 3rd February – 2pm – 4pm
Whether you want to discuss the job hunting and application process or your career options, pop in and have a chat with our friendly team.
Confidential Appointments this Week
Confidential Face to face, telephone and Skype appointments with our careers advisor team are available to book this week on both Talbot & Lansdowne Campuses.
View all available appointments via MyCareerHub here
On-Campus Workshops & Employer Events
This Week on Campus
- Getting into Law with or without a Degree in Law – Wednesday 1st Feb – Sign up Here
- How to write a Creative CV – Friday 3rd Feb – Sign up Here
- Find out how to Start your own Business with Virgin Start Up – Tue 31st Jan – Sign up Here
- Working in Humanitarian Aid – A Paediatric Nurses Perspective – Tue 31st Jan – Sign up Here
- Writing a Creative CV – Friday 3rd Feb – Sign up Here
Forthcoming on Campus
- An Introduction to Personal Branding – Monday 6th February – Sign up Here
- Combined Part Time Jobs Fair & Uniformed Services Fair – Wednesday 8th February – Sign up Here
View all forthcoming events on campus
4. This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- On Topic Media – Events and Entertainment Writers, Birmingham:
- Giorgio Armani – Trade Marketing Assistant, London:
- House of Commons – Chamber and Committees Team Sandwich Student, Westminster: https://mycareerhub.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/jobs/detail/724033/placement-at-house-of-commons-
- NFU Mutual – Underwriting & Pricing Professional Trainee Scheme, Stratford Upon Avon:
- FatFace – Wholesale Allocator, Havant:
For more part time, vacation, voluntary, placement & graduate job vacancies visit MyCareerHub here
More Careers & Recruitment News, Events & Opportunities
- The latest Off Campus careers & recruitment events can be found on MyCareerHub
- The latest Recruitment News can be found on the C&E Twitter Page
- For further details of opportunities to boost your CV, check out the C&E Employability Blog
*If you would like to provide some feedback on this blog post then please email firstname.lastname@example.org