The Edge Student Development Centre (outside the Sir Michael Cobham Library, Talbot Campus)
Open 8.45am – 4.30pm – Monday – Friday
Tel: 01202 961663
Find us on Twitter
- Opportunity of the Week
- Resources of the Week – Print & Online
- On Campus Careers & Recruitment events this Week
- This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- External Careers & Recruitment News/Opportunities/Events
1. Opportunity of the Week
Looking to boost your employment prospects? The unique BU Global Talent Programme is open for registrations!
BU’s unique Global Talent Programme (GTP) has been co-created with employers to help you demonstrate that you have the attributes needed to work in a truly global way.
The GTP continues this term and there is still time to register to attend the first session of the new year, on the 1 February 2017. This session, led by Dr Sonal Minocha, Pro Vice Chancellor (Global Engagement), will introduce the concept of having a global perspective in the workplace, and it’s importance in an increasingly competitive global jobs market.
This programme is designed to fit around your busy schedule – find out more about becoming Global Talent to see how it can help you prepare for your future career!
Further opportunities to boost your CV can be found on our Employability Blog
2. Resources of the Week – Print & Online
FREE Copies of the Prospects Student Career Guide
This publication has been developed to provide students with a complete guide that will meet your needs at whatever stage of the student journey you are at.
Whether you are looking for work experience opportunities before graduation or want to start researching graduate scheme opportunities as early as possible, this guide is for you.
- Job Hunting Advice – tips on choosing your career, application processes and how best to engage with social media
- Employability – Advice on how to make yourself stand out to employers in a competitive jobs market
- Employer Profiles – Make informed decisions on who you’d like to work for, by getting to know UK employers with a strong track record for providing graduate opportunities
- Sector Profiles – Discover what skills employers are looking for and how to find a job in 20 of the UK’s most important sectors.
Pick up your FREE copy from the Careers Centre, the Edge Student Development Centre (outside the library) whilst stocks last!
Job Hunting successfully with a Disability – DVD
Get useful hints and tips on how to job hunt successfully with a disability including
- Get that job – Part 1: Identifying disability – friendly employers
- Get that Job – Part 2: Applying & Disclosing
- Get that job – Part 3: Adjustments in the workplace
Resource Topics on MyCareerHub
- Placements/Internships Abroad
- Postgraduate Study Options UK
- Personal Statements
- Interviews – Dealing with Nerves, Anxiety and Pressure
- Careers and Job Hunting in Conservation & Heritage
More Careers Resources can be accessed on MyCareerHub here
3.This Week – On Campus Careers & Job Application Advice, Workshops & Employer Events
Non Confidential Drop in Advice Sessions this Week
The Careers Advisor team will be offering drop in advice (no need to book) in the Edge (outside the library) at the following times this week:-
- Monday 23rd January 11am – 1pm
- Thursday 26th January – 1.30pm – 3.30pm
- Friday 27th January – 2pm – 4pm
Whether you want to discuss the job hunting and application process or your career options, pop in and have a chat with our friendly team.
Confidential Appointments this Week
Confidential Face to face, telephone and Skype appointments with our careers advisor team are available to book this week on both Talbot & Lansdowne Campuses.
View all available appointments via MyCareerHub here
On-Campus Workshops & Employer Events
This Week on Campus
- Writing a targeted CV for the UK Job Market (LANSDOWNE CAMPUS) – Wednesday 25th January – 2pm – 3pm – https://mycareerhub.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/events/detail/721425/writing-targeted-cv-for-uk-job
- How to write an effective CV – Thursday 26th January – 11am – 12pm – https://mycareerhub.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/events/detail/724420/cvs
Forthcoming on Campus
- Getting into Law – Wednesday 1st Feb – https://mycareerhub.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/events/detail/723707/getting-into-law
- Writing a Creative CV – Friday 3rd Feb – https://mycareerhub.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/events/detail/721428/creative-cvs
- An Introduction to Personal Branding – Monday 6th February – https://mycareerhub.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/events/detail/724910/introduction-to-personal-brand
- Combined Part Time Jobs Fair & Uniformed Services Fair – Wednesday 8th February – https://mycareerhub.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/events/detail/724222/combined-part-time-jobs-fair-a
View all forthcoming events on campus
4. This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
Worldwide Holidays Direct Ltd. – Social Media & Web Officer, Bournemouth:
- Intelligent Global Sourcing Ltd. – Junior Camera Crew & Post Production Editor, Bournemouth:
- Sherborne School – Sports Performance Analyst, Sherborne: https://mycareerhub.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/jobs/detail/724424/placement-at-sherborne-school-
- Adopt an Intern (AAI) – IT Personnel in Testing and Automation, Newbury or Bracknell:
- IFS Wealth Consultancy – Financial Services Administrator/PA, Wimborne: https://mycareerhub.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/jobs/detail/724606/graduate-role-financial-servic
For more part time, vacation, voluntary, placement & graduate job vacancies visit MyCareerHub here
More Careers & Recruitment News, Events & Opportunities
- The latest Off Campus careers & recruitment events can be found on MyCareerHub
- The latest Recruitment News can be found on the C&E Twitter Page
- For further details of opportunities to boost your CV, check out the C&E Employability Blog
*If you would like to provide some feedback on this blog post then please email firstname.lastname@example.org