The Edge Student Development Centre (outside the Sir Michael Cobham Library, Talbot Campus)
Open 8.45am – 4.30pm – Monday – Friday
Tel: 01202 961663
Find us on Twitter
- Opportunity of the Week
- Resources of the Week – Print & Online
- On Campus Careers & Recruitment events this Week
- This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- External Careers & Recruitment News/Opportunities/Events
1. Opportunity of the Week
Based on the successful Dutch model of a Science Shop, the Student Project Bank is a mutually beneficial collaboration between external organisations and BU students. As part of their studies, our students get to work on a live project with the potential for real-world impact. The organisation gets the opportunity to benefit from our students’ knowledge, skills and creativity while gaining valuable insights into their specific project area.
Find out more about Student Project Bank
Further opportunities to boost your CV can be found on our Employability Blog
2. Resources of the Week
Books of the week:-
- The Graduate Jobs Formula
- The Creative CV Guide
- Brilliant answers to tough interview questions
- How to pass diagrammatic reasoning tests
Available to loan out from the Careers Centre in the Edge (outside the library, Talbot Campus) plus many more!!
Access your Careers & Employability Action Plan for SEMESTER TWO and stand out from the Job Crowd!
Employers tell us that a degree alone is no longer enough in a competitive placement and graduate jobs market. They are seeking students and graduates who stand out from the crowd through well-developed transferable skills, gained from a range of extra-curricular activities and work experience undertaken during their time at university.
With this in mind therefore, taking advantage of every opportunity that is available to you whilst at BU will be crucial in ensuring that you develop your skills and CV which will help you to stand out from the crowd when searching for Placements and Graduate Jobs.
The sooner you start thinking about it therefore the better and so to help the Careers & Employability Service have put together a calendar of action which will give you a good idea of what opportunities are available to you throughout your studies and what you should be thinking about at different stages of your studies to ensure you know what you need to do in order to become as employable as possible.
View the Calendar of Careers Action for Semester Two here
Resource Topics on MyCareerHub
- CVs & Covering Letters
- Answering Questions at Interview
- Looking for Placements & Internships UK
- BU Placement Employers UK
- Working in Computing & IT
More Careers Resources can be accessed on MyCareerHub here
3.This Week – On Campus Careers & Job Application Advice, Workshops & Employer Events
One to One Advice & Guidance
Non Confidential Drop in Advice Sessions
The Careers Advisor team will be offering drop in advice (no need to book) in the Edge (outside the library) at the following times this week:-
- Monday 16th January 10am – 12pm
- Tuesday 17th January – 1.30pm – 3.30pm
- Thursday 19th January – 1.pm – 3pm
- Friday 20th January – 2pm – 4pm
Whether you want to discuss the job hunting and application process or your career options, pop in and have a chat with our friendly team.
Bookable & Confidential Appointments
Further Face to face, telephone and Skype appointments with our careers advisor team are available book on both Talbot & Lansdowne Campuses.
View all available appointments via MyCareerHub here
On-Campus Workshops & Employer Events
- Preparing for Interviews Workshop – Tuesday 17th January – https://mycareerhub.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/events/detail/721424/preparing-for-interviews
- Getting into Law – exploring careers, job and routes in
- Combined Part Time Jobs Fair & Uniformed Services Fair
- Nursing Careers Fair
View all forthcoming events on campus
4. This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- The Bournemouth Day Nursery – Nursery Nurse, Bournemouth:
- RNLI – Face to Face Fundraiser, various locations in the South: https://mycareerhub.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/jobs/detail/720126/part-time-role-face-to-face-fu
- Ideas Box Ltd – Sales and Marketing Assistant, London:
- Ascot Wealth Management (AWM) – Wealth Manager, Ascot:
- Bournemouth & Poole College – Induction Designer Intern, Poole: https://mycareerhub.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/jobs/detail/723558/graduate-internship-induction-
For more part time, vacation, voluntary, placement & graduate job vacancies visit MyCareerHub here
More Careers & Recruitment News, Events & Opportunities
- The latest external careers & recruitment events can be found on MyCareerHub
- The latest Recruitment News can be found on the C&E Twitter Page
- For further details of opportunities to boost your CV, check out the C&E Employability Blog
*If you would like to provide some feedback on this blog post then please email firstname.lastname@example.org