The Edge Student Development Centre (outside the Sir Michael Cobham Library, Talbot Campus)
Open 8.45am – 4.30pm – Monday – Friday
Tel: 01202 961663
Find us on Twitter
- Opportunity of the Week
- Resources of the Week – Print & Online
- On Campus Careers & Recruitment events this Week
- This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- External Careers & Recruitment News/Opportunities/Events
Have you recently completed a placement? Share your experiences in an inspirational way for a chance to win £400.
ASET is delighted to announce that the 2016 Student Essay competition opens in September 2016. To encourage the next cohort of placement students, ASET sponsors this annual competition which highlights what you’ve gained from your recent placement or internship – in no more than 900 words.
We are looking for short accounts which inform others about the value of work experience, clearly express the value of your learning, and do so in a lively and enthusiastic manner. There are two categories for entry, each with a prize of £400 for the winner and £100 for
To find out more and to enter click here
Further opportunities to boost your CV can be found on our Employability Blog
2. Resources of the Week
Books of the Week!
- Brilliant Job Hunting
- How to write a Brilliant CV
- Knock Out Job Interview Presentations
- Psychometric Tests
Available to loan out from the Careers Centre in the Edge (outside the library) plus many more!!
Practice FREE online Psychometric , Numeracy, Verbal and other Recruitment tests via MyCareerHub
Profiling for Success offers a series of free online psychometric tests entitled “Profiling for Success”, covering both personality assessment and skills tests.
Assessments that are available through Profiliing for Success are:
- Learning Styles Indicator questionnaire
- Type Dynamics Indicator (TDI) personality type questionnaire
Both of these assessments will generate reports on your own preferred behaviour which could be helpful to you in planning your careers and personal development.
The other tests that you can pracice are:-
- Numerical Reasoning Skills Test
- Verbal Reasoning Skills Test
- Abstract Reasoning Skills Test
To start practicing these online tests today click here
Resource Topics on MyCareerHub
More Careers Resources can be accessed on MyCareerHub here
3.This Week – On Campus Careers & Job Application Advice, Workshops & Employer Events
One to One Advice & Guidance
Non Confidential Drop in Advice Sessions
The Careers Advisor team will be offering drop in advice (no need to book) in the Edge (outside the library) at the following times this week:-
- Monday 5th December – 2pm – 4pm
- Tuesday 6th December – 1.15pm – 3.15pm
- Thursday 8th December – 9.30am – 11.30am
- Friday 9th December – 9.30am – 11.30am
Whether you want to discuss the job hunting and application process or your career options, pop in and have a chat with our friendly team.
Bookable & Confidential Appointments
Further Face to face, telephone and Skype appointments with our careers advisor team are available book on both Talbot & Lansdowne Campuses.
View all available appointments via MyCareerHub here
On-Campus Workshops & Employer Events
- Retail Banking & Wealth Management at HSBC – Monday 5th December – Sign up Here
- How to write an effective CV – Thursday 8th December – 11am – 12pm – https://mycareerhub.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/events/detail/717196/cvs
- Get in the Game – Professional advice and guidance to make it in the Games Industry – Friday 9th December – Sign up Here
- Student Development Award Refresher Workshop – Tuesday 13th December – https://mycareerhub.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/events/detail/719920/sda-refresher-workshop
- L’Oreal Lockin: Assessment Centre Skills Session – Tuesday 13th December – https://mycareerhub.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/events/detail/719739/l-oreal-lockin-assessment-cent
- How to prepare effectively for Interviews – Thursday 15th December – https://mycareerhub.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/events/detail/717198/how-to-prepare-effectively-for
4. This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- Create Gift Love Ltd. – Christmas Production Assistant and Dispatch Operative, Ringwood:
- BU Student Services – DLHE Call Centre Operatives & Supervisors, Poole: https://mycareerhub.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/jobs/detail/719923/part-time-role-dlhe-call-centr
- King – Games Designer, London:
- Formula One Management Ltd. – Graphics Developer, Kent: https://mycareerhub.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/jobs/detail/719380/graduate-role-graphics-develop
- Northern Archaeological Associates (NAA) – Site Assistant, Various locations in the North of England: https://mycareerhub.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/jobs/detail/717224/graduate-role-site-assistant
For more part time, vacation, voluntary, placement & graduate job vacancies visit MyCareerHub here
More Careers & Recruitment News, Events & Opportunities
- The latest external careers & recruitment events can be found on MyCareerHub
- The latest Recruitment News can be found on the C&E Twitter Page
- For further details of opportunities to boost your CV, check out the C&E Employability Blog
*If you would like to provide some feedback on this blog post then please email firstname.lastname@example.org