The Edge Student Development Centre (outside the Sir Michael Cobham Library, Talbot Campus)
Open 8.45am – 4.30pm – Monday – Friday
Tel: 01202 961663
Find us on Twitter
- Opportunity of the Week
- Resources of the Week – Print & Online
- On Campus Careers & Recruitment events this Week
- This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- External Careers & Recruitment Opportunities/Events
Calling all BU Students – Want to stand out in the Graduate Jobs Market? Bright Futures Needs You!
What is Bright Futures?
- We are a network of over 50 student led employability societies in universities across the UK. Supported and connected by a National Team, each society runs their own interactive and fun events for students on their campus to connect with and learn from leading employers.
- Each society is made up of a small team of students who work with great employers to run career focused events. There are a range of roles available in each committee, such as President, Event Manager and Marketing officer (but ultimately everyone works together.)
- Your committee are in control of deciding what type of events you would like to run, how often and with which employers (for example, you might want to run a Mock Assessment workshop with BP to learn more about assessment centres.)
- Having the chance to run a Bright Futures society of your own at BU.
- Wide range of innovation, informative and often unique training and networking events.
- Boost employability skills.
- Accessibility to 21 of our employer contacts.
- 60% of our Bright Futures committee members had a job before the end of their final year.
- Personalised support to help you find and secure that great internship and / or graduate position.
- Looks fantastic on your CV/Applications.
Running your own Bright Futures society would be a great step towards making you stand out in the grad market. So, if you are interested in getting involved in the society, go to the website at www.mykindafuture.com/Society/Undergraduates & email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further opportunities to boost your CV can be found on our Employability Blog
2. Resources of the Week
Pick up your FREE copy of the Rate My Placement Top Undergraduate Employer Guide
Based on the diverse experiences of students who have undertaken placements, internships, vacation schemes and insights this guide features:-
- The Top 100 Undergraduate Employers
- The Top 35 Medium-sized Undergraduate Employers
- The Top 5 Small to Medium-sized Undergraduate Employers
- Advice: Opportunities, Salaries, Psychometric Testing etc
- Overviews of various industries and insights from industry experts
Pick up your FREE copy from the Edge Student Development Centre (outside the library), Talbot Campus, whilst stocks last!
Practice your interview technique with the Abintegro Interview Practice Tool!
The Abintegro Interview Simulator Package is designed to help you build up your confidence and competence in being able to answer questions thrown at you in an interview.
What it includes:-
- Practice hundreds of interview questions from leading hiring managers, in a time-pressured environment
- Take a mock interview, where auto-generated questions, designed to mirror the structure of interviews, test you in a time pressured environment. Answers can be recorded in audio and video for review, and notes can be quickly downloaded into preparation packs.
- Browse 101 of the most trusted and important interview questions in the simulator, helping you to understand what’s important, what employers are looking for, and the top DO’s and DON’Ts of all the questions.
- Watch videos of experienced professionals giving their honest advice about why they ask these questions, and how good answers differ from poor ones.
To start exploring the Interview Simulator Package click here
Resource Topics on MyCareerHub
- Looking for vacation work
- Making yourself Employable
- Volunteering/voluntary work UK
- Job Applications -CVs, Interviews, Tests
- Regional Job Hunting
More Careers Resources can be accessed on MyCareerHub here
3.This Week – On Campus Careers & Job Application Advice, Workshops & Employer Events
One to One Advice & Guidance
Non Confidential Drop in Advice Sessions
The Careers Advisor team will be offering drop in advice (no need to book) in the Edge (outside the library) at the following times this week:-
- Monday 28th November – 2pm – 4pm
- Tuesday 29th November – 1.15pm – 3.15pm
- Thursday 1st December – 9.30am – 11.30am
- Friday 2nd December – 9.30am – 11.30am
Whether you want to discuss the job hunting and application process or your career options, pop in and have a chat with our friendly team.
Bookable & Confidential Appointments
Further Face to face, telephone and Skype appointments with our careers advisor team are available book on both Talbot & Lansdowne Campuses.
View all available appointments via MyCareerHub here
On-Campus Workshops & Employer Events
- Find out about USA Summer Camp 2017 – Monday 28th November – 1pm – 2pm Sign up Now
- Find out about USA Summer Camp 2017 – Monday 28th November – 5pm – 6pm Sign up Now
- How to write an Effective CV – Tuesday 29th November – 3pm – 4pm Sign up Now
- CV Wednesday – Wednesday 30th November – 2pm – 4pm, No need to book just turn up!
- Hospitality, HR & Marketing Job Opportunities with Employer Sedexo – Wednesday 30th November – 2pm – 3pm – Sign up Now
- Placement Opportunites in the United States and Europe with Employer Placement International – Wednesday 30th November – 2.30pm – 3.30pm – Sign up Now
- How to write an effective CV – Thursday 8th December – 11am – 12pm – https://mycareerhub.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/events/detail/717196/cvs
4. This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- Holborn Assets – Telesales, Bournemouth:
- Benefit Cosmetics – Beauty Advisor Christmas Temp, Bournemouth:
- Sky – Marketing Placement, London:
- Warner Bros. – Creative, Graphic Design, London: https://mycareerhub.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/jobs/detail/718538/placement-creative-graphic-des
- Bearwood Medical Centre – Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Bournemouth:
For more part time, vacation, voluntary, placement & graduate job vacancies visit MyCareerHub here
More Careers & Recruitment News, Events & Opportunities
The latest external careers & recruitment events can be found on MyCareerHub
The latest Recruitment News can be found on the C&E Twitter Page
For further details of opportunities to boost your CV, check out the C&E Employability Blog
*If you would like to provide some feedback on this blog post then please email email@example.com