The Edge Student Development Centre (outside the Sir Michael Cobham Library, Talbot Campus)
Open 8.45am – 4.30pm – Monday – Friday
Tel: 01202 961663
Find us on Twitter
- Opportunity of the Week
- Resources of the Week – Print & Online
- On Campus Careers & Recruitment events this Week
- This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- External Careers & Recruitment Opportunities/Events
Want to work for BU and boost your CV at the same time? Apply to be a ResLife Resident Assistant for 2017
After a successful first year, we’re recruiting for new Resident Assistants to support the ResLife initiative, which proivides peer to peer support to students living in BU halls and UniLets. As a Residential Assistant you’ll play a really important role in the project, by creating a lively, friendly and supportive community.
This paid opportunity (£9.76 per hour) will provide you with an average of five hours of work a week during term-time. You’ll live in designated BU accommodation throughout your employment, acting as a point of contact for other students, organising events, producing social media content and have knowledge of, and able to signpost other students to, appropriate support services when required.
This opportunity is open to current students continuing their studies in 2017/18, who are organised, proactive and have strong communication and interpersonal skills. It will provide you with the chance to develop personal and professional skills, including: problem-solving, event planning and team building.
There will be a one week training programme before the start of term where you will meet other Resident Assistants, develop your skills, become familiar with BU support services and processes, and start planning activities for the start of term.
To apply, you’ll need to submit your CV, and complete an assessment question and event plan to demonstrate your skills and experiences. For more information about the role and applying, visit our Resident Assistants page.
Closing date is midnight Sunday 18 December 2016.
Further opportunities to boost your CV can be found on our Employability Blog
2. Resources of the Week
Books of the Week!
This weeks ‘Books of the Week’ are as follows:-
- How to find a job on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google
- Cover Letters for Dummies
- Competency Based Interviews
- Assessment Centre Prep
They are available to loan out from the Careers Centre in the Edge (outside the library, Talbot Campus) plus many more!!
Get job application tips for a host of Employers from Target Jobs to make your application stand out!
TargetJobs have produced ‘Employer Hubs’ an A-Z directory of graduate employers searchable by name or by sector. Not only can you find graduate vacancies and work experience opportunities for these employers but you can also find ‘how to get hired‘ tips for many of them detailing what those specific companies are looking for in their job applications so you can ensure that they are as targeted as possible.
Start searching through the A-Z list on TargetJobs here
Resource Topics on MyCareerHub
- Joining a Professional Body
- Researching Employers
- Joining a Student & Graduate Discussion Forum
- Funding Sources
- Working in SMEs
More Careers Resources can be accessed on MyCareerHub here
3.This Week – On Campus Careers & Job Application Advice, Workshops & Employer Events
One to One Advice & Guidance
Non Confidential Drop in Advice Sessions
The Careers Advisor team will be offering drop in advice (no need to book) in the Edge (outside the library) at the following times this week:-
- Monday 21st November – 2pm – 4pm
- Tuesday 22nd November – 1.15pm – 3.15pm
- Thursday 24th November – 1.30pm – 3.30pm
- Friday 25th November – 10am – 12pm
Whether you want to discuss the job hunting and application process or your career options, pop in and have a chat with our friendly team.
Bookable & Confidential Appointments
Further Face to face, telephone and Skype appointments with our careers advisor team are available book on both Talbot & Lansdowne Campuses.
View all available appointments via MyCareerHub here
On-Campus Workshops & Employer Events
- Getting to grips with online career support tools & resources – Monday 21st November – 1pm – 2pm – Sign up Now
- Operation Wallacea – Biodiversity Research Fieldwork Worldwide – Monday 21st November – 12pm – 1pm – Sign up Now
- Service Sector Careers Fair – Wednesday 23rd November – 11am – 3pm – Find out More
- British Transport Police Employer Presentation – Wednesday 23rd November – 2pm – 4pm – Sign up Now
- How to Prepare for Interviews Workshop (At Lansdowne Campus) – Wednesday 23rd November – 2pm – 3pm – Sign up Now
- Meet Entrepreneur Paul Tansey, Founder & MD of Marketing Agency Intergage – Friday 25th November – 1.30pm – 3pm Sign up Now
- How to write an Effective CV – Tuesday 29th November – 3pm – 4pm – https://mycareerhub.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/events/detail/717195/how-to-write-effective-cv
- CV Wednesday – Wednesday 30th November – 2pm – 4pm – https://mycareerhub.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/events/detail/685378/cv-wednesday
4. This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- Casperlight Holdings Ltd – Associate Editor, Remote Work:
- Longleat – Seasonal Team Member, Warminster:
- Ascot Wealth Management – Wealth Management Assistant, Ascot: https://mycareerhub.bournemouth.ac.uk/students/jobs/detail/716643/placement-at-ascot-wealth-mana
- Careservice24 – Healthcare Assistant, Bournemouth:
- JD Services Ltd – Junior Design Engineer, Wells:
For more part time, vacation, voluntary, placement & graduate job vacancies visit MyCareerHub here
External Careers & Recruitment Events & Opportunities
The latest external careers & recruitment events can be found on MyCareerHub
The latest Recruitment News can be found on the C&E Twitter Page
For further details of opportunities to boost your CV, check out the C&E Employability Blog
*If you would like to provide some feedback on this blog post then please email email@example.com