The Edge Student Development Centre (outside the Sir Michael Cobham Library, Talbot Campus)
Open 8.45am – 4.30pm – Monday – Friday
Tel: 01202 961663
Find us on Twitter
- Opportunity of the Week
- Resources of the Week – Print & Online
- On Campus Careers & Recruitment events this Week
- This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- External Careers & Recruitment Opportunities/Events
1. Opportunity of the Week
Need some funding to finance an overseas trip? Apply for the BU Global Horizons Fund – Deadline 15th November
The BU Global Horizons Fund is there to help you finance trips overseas, allowing you to discover new cultures, gain valuable experience in multicultural environments and learn new skills. Depending on the activity you’re undertaking and the destination you’re travelling to, we can give you up to £2,500 towards the cost of your trip.
We hold various application rounds for Global Horizons funding throughout the year. Applications for activities commencing January 2017 – April 2017 will be accepted from 1 October 2016 with a deadline of 15 November 2016. If your activity is a compulsory part of your degree you may be able to apply out of cycle – further information can be found in the applicant’s guide (pdf 464kb).
Important note: Applications submitted to the Global Horizons Fund will be considered on a competitive basis. Please therefore ensure that you demonstrate clearly how your application meets the specified criteria.
Further opportunities to boost your CV can be found on our Employability Blog
2. Resources of the Week
The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to Work for 2016/17 Guide is unique as it is the only graduate employer ranking based entirely on graduate employee feedback.
This means that the companies listed are those that actual graduate employees say are the best companies to work for, not just those who might be the best known. These are the companies who are really, truly, the best places to work.
- Who do i want to work for?
- A graduate case study by National Grid
- The Top 100 Companies Rankings Larger Intake
- The Top 100 Companies Rankings Smaller Intake
- Employers listed by Degree
- Employers listed by Geographical Region
- The Top 100 companies by Sector
Pick up your FREE copy whilst stocks last from the Edge Student Development Centre (outside the library, Talbot Campus)
Looking for work abroad? Check out the Going Global Overseas Job Vacancy Database:-
The Going Global database includes more than 10,000 pages of constantly-updated content on how to work abroad including a database of current overseas job opportunities, work permit/visa regulations and CV writing guidelines for specific countries and much more!
Country Career Guides
- Packed with country-specific career information, this research tool provides expert advice and insider tips for finding employment opportunities at home and abroad.
Job Postings and Internship Listings
- Search for job openings and internship opportunities in countries around the world.
Key Employer Directory
- Access more than 400,000+ country-specific company profiles in industries such as manufacturing, transportation, consumer goods, consulting services, finance and technology.
How to Access Going Global
- To view Going Global, select ‘Going Global‘ from the ‘Key Resources’ box on the front page of MyCareerHub
Resource Topics on MyCareerHub
- Making yourself Employable
- Exploring careers options
- Job Hunting UK & Overseas
- Job Applications – CVs, Interviews, Recruitment Tests
- Sector specific Job Hunting
More Careers Resources can be accessed on MyCareerHub here
3.This Week – On Campus Careers & Job Application Advice, Workshops & Employer Events
One to One Advice & Guidance
Non Confidential Drop in Advice Sessions
The Careers Advisor team will be offering drop in advice (no need to book) in the Edge (outside the library) at the following times this week:-
- Tuesday 1st November – 1.15pm – 3.15pm
- Thursday 3rd November – 2pm – 4pm
- Friday 4th November – 9.30am – 11.30am
Whether you want to discuss the job hunting and application process or your career options, pop in and have a chat with our friendly team.
Bookable & Confidential Appointments
Further Face to face, telephone and Skype appointments with our careers advisor team are available book on both Talbot & Lansdowne Campuses.
View all available appointments via MyCareerHub here
On-Campus Workshops & Employer Events
- Looking for a career in City & Finance? Come along to the (ICAEW) Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales Commercial Awareness Workshop – Wednesday 2nd November – Sign up Now
- CV Wednesday – Wednesday 2nd November – Sign up Now
- How to write an Application Form to get you an interview – Thursday 3rd November – Sign up Now
- Networking & LinkedIn Workshop
- Red Carnation Hotels Employer Presentation
- How to write an effective CV Workshop
4. This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- Black Label Events at AFC Bournemouth – Bar & Waiting Staff, Bournemouth Find out More
- Volvo Car UK Ltd. – Paralegal, Marketing, Finance, HR Placement, Warwick Find out More
- Salisbury International Arts Festival – Festival Intern, Salisbury Find out More
- Abercrombie and Fitch – Manager in Training (Hollister Co.), Southampton Find out More
- Southern Water – Asset Planner, Winchester Find out More
For more part time, vacation, voluntary, placement & graduate job vacancies visit MyCareerHub here
External Careers & Recruitment Events & Opportunities
The latest external careers & recruitment events can be found on MyCareerHub
The latest Recruitment News can be found on the C&E Twitter Page
For details of opportunities to boost your CV, check out the C&E Employability Blog
*If you would like to provide some feedback on this blog post then please email email@example.com