The Edge Student Development Centre (outside the Sir Michael Cobham Library, Talbot Campus)
Open 8.45am – 4.30pm – Monday – Friday
Tel: 01202 961663
Find us on Twitter
- Opportunity of the Week
- Resources of the Week – Print & Online
- On Campus Careers & Recruitment events this Week
- This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- External Careers & Recruitment Opportunities/Events
1. Opportunity of the Week
BU Graduate & Placements Recruitment Fair – Wednesday 26th & Thursday 27th October 2016
Sponsored by the Army, IBM and JPMorgan, the fair will give you access to over 75 local, national and international employers for you to learn more about their graduate and placement opportunities.
Our two day event is your chance to try out your networking skills, make new contacts, attend workshops with sponsor representatives from the Army and JPMorgan and get your CV checked over by the careers team.
As well as the fair sponsors you’ll be able to meet *employers covering all subject areas from a wide range of industries, including:
- Arcadia Group
- BMW Group
- Farrow & Ball
- Marks & Spencers
- Mattel UK
- Vodafone UK
- Xerox UK
How to Make the most of the fair
Prepare for the fair by thinking about some good questions to ask the different employers you’re going to meet and bring a copy of your CV to either have reviewed or to give to potential employers. On the day, it’s best to arrive early so you have more time to talk to employers and keep an open mind about the different opportunities each employer has to offer.
Dates: Wednesday 26 – Thursday 27 October
Location: Kimmeridge House, Talbot Campus
Time: 11am – 3pm
*For a full list of exhibitors and for top tips on how to make the most of the fair, pick up a brochure from the Edge (outside the library) or from our promotional stand in the Atrium, Poole House.
Further opportunities to boost your CV can be found on our Employability Blog
2. Resources of the Week
The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers Guide is the definitive annual guide to the leading employers recruiting graduates during 2016-2017.
Now in its eighteenth edition, the guide not only features advice on how to find the right job, understanding the graduate job market, how to make the most of work experience and write successful job applications but it also features the latest Top 100 employer rankings.
These have been compiled from interviews with over 18,000 final year students who graduated from universities across the UK in the summer of 2016, and who were asked the open-ended question:-
“Which employer do you think offers the best opportunities for new graduates?”.
But which organisation has been voted Britain’s top graduate employer for 2016? Who are this year’s highest-climbers and which of the UK’s leading graduate employers are new entries in the latest Top 100?
To find out access the guide online or pick up your FREE copy from the Careers Centre, in the Edge Student Development Centre (outside the library)
Practice your interview technique with the Abintegro Interview Practice Tool!
The Abintegro Interview Simulator Package is designed to help you build up your confidence and competence in being able to answer questions thrown at you in an interview.
What it includes:-
- Practice hundreds of interview questions from leading hiring managers, in a time-pressured environment
- Take a mock interview, where auto-generated questions, designed to mirror the structure of interviews, test you in a time pressured environment. Answers can be recorded in audio and video for review, and notes can be quickly downloaded into preparation packs.
- Browse 101 of the most trusted and important interview questions in the simulator, helping you to understand what’s important, what employers are looking for, and the top DO’s and DON’Ts of all the questions.
- Watch videos of experienced professionals giving their honest advice about why they ask these questions, and how good answers differ from poor ones.
To start exploring the Interview Simulator Package click here
Resource Topics on MyCareerHub
- Careers Matching Tools
- Prepare for the BU Graduate and Placements Fair
- Application Forms
- Looking for placements & internship jobs in the UK
- Working in Accounting & Finance
More Careers Resources can be accessed on MyCareerHub here
3.This Week – On Campus Careers & Job Application Advice, Workshops & Employer Events
One to One Advice & Guidance
Non Confidential Drop in Advice Sessions
The Careers Advisor team will be offering drop in advice (no need to book) in the Edge (outside the library) at the following times this week:-
- 2pm – 4pm on Monday 24th October
- 1.15pm – 3.15pm on Tuesday 25th October
- 10.30am – 3pm on Wednesday 26th October
- 10.30am – 3pm on Thursday 27th October
- 10am – 12pm on Friday 28th October
Whether you want to discuss the job hunting and application process or your career options, pop in and have a chat with our friendly team.
Bookable & Confidential Appointments
Face to face, telephone and Skype appointments with our careers advisor team are available this week to book on both Talbot & Lansdowne Campuses.
View all available appointments via MyCareerHub here
On-Campus Workshops & Employer Events
- Prepare for the Graduate & Placements Recruitment Fair – Monday 24th October – 3pm – 4pm – Sign up Here
- How to write a winning CV – Tuesday 25th October – 12pm – 1pm – Sign up Here
- Demystifying the Assessment Process by JP Morgan – Wednesday 26th October – 1.45pm – 2.30pm -Marconi Lecture Theatre, Kimmeridge House
- An insight into the British Army Officer – Wednesday 26th October – 3pm – 3.45pm – Marconi Lecture Theature, Kimmeridge House
- Graduate & Placements Recruitment Fair – Wednesday 26th & Thursday 27th October – 11am – 3pm Find out More
- How to write an Application Form to get you an interview – Thursday 3rd November – Sign up Now
- Looking for a career in City & Finance? Come along to the (ICAEW) Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales Commercial Awareness Workshop – Wednesday 2nd November – Sign up Now
- CV Wednesday – Wednesday 2nd November – Sign up Now
4. This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- Ellis Jones – Receptionist, Canford Cliffs Find out More
- Astute Ltd. – Marketing / Social Media Specialist, Bournemouth Find out More
- Otis Jaxon – Assistant Jewellery Designer (Approved – PD, InDe), London Find out More
- Futureheads – Software Engineers, London Find out More
- FatFace – Maintenance Helpdesk Operator, Havant Find out More
For more part time, vacation, voluntary, placement & graduate job vacancies visit MyCareerHub here
External Careers & Recruitment Events & Opportunities
The latest external careers & recruitment events can be found on MyCareerHub
The latest Recruitment News can be found on the C&E Twitter Page
For details of opportunities to boost your CV, check out the C&E Employability Blog
*If you would like to provide some feedback on this blog post then please email email@example.com