BU Careers & Employability Service, The Edge Student Development Centre (outside the Sir Michael Cobham Library, Talbot Campus)
Open 8.45am – 4.30pm – Monday – Friday
Tel: 01202 961663
Find us on Twitter
- Opportunity of the Week
- Resources of the Week – Print & Online
- On Campus Careers & Recruitment events this Week
- This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- This week’s Careers & Recruitment News & Opportunities
BU Students! Take part in some important research about your HE experience and receive £10 for your time
The University of Warwick are looking for student and graduate volunteers to join one of their online focus groups, which will run in June and July, to talk about their experiences
of higher education.
They will focus on discussions on how you made your decisions and choices, and what information you received or would have liked to receive.
You will be paid £10 for your participation.
To sign up click here
For more information contact Clare Lyonette C.Lyonette@warwick.ac.uk
Further opportunities to boost the CV can be found on our Employability Blog
2. BU Resources of the Week
Based in The Edge Student Development Centre (outside the library entrance), there is a small library of print resources to help you with your career planning needs. These range from books, magazines, and takeaway materials and cover the following subject areas:
- Career planning – what to do next
- Job hunting strategies
- Job Applications
- Working abroad
To view the full range of resources available in the library you can access the careers reading list online.
Practice your interview technique with the Abintegro Interview Practice Tool!
The Abintegro Interview Simulator Package is designed to help you build up your confidence and competence in being able to answer questions thrown at you in an interview.
What it includes:-
Practice hundreds of interview questions from leading hiring managers, in a time-pressured environment
Take a mock interview, where auto-generated questions, designed to mirror the structure of interviews, test you in a time pressured environment. Answers can be recorded in audio and video for review, and notes can be quickly downloaded into preparation packs.
Browse 101 of the most trusted and important interview questions in the simulator, helping you to understand what’s important, what employers are looking for, and the top DO’s and DON’Ts of all the questions.
Watch videos of experienced professionals giving their honest advice about why they ask these questions, and how good answers differ from poor ones.
To start exploring the Interview Simulator Package click here
More Careers Resources can be accessed on MyCareerHub here
3.This Week – On Campus Careers & Job Application Advice, Workshops & Employer Events
One to One Advice & Guidance
Bookable and Drop in Appointments with advisors in the Careers & Employability Service are available this week for the following advice:-
- How to Job Hunt
- CV & Covering Letter Reviews
- Application Form Reviews
- Interview & Assessment Centre Preparation
- Deciding what to do after Uni
- Careers Guidance & Advice
- Changing or Leaving your Course
- Further Study Advice
View all available appointments via MyCareerHub here
Careers & Job Hunting/Application Workshops
Summer Job Club for 2016 second years/Finalists/Postgrads
BU student or recent grad staying in Bournemouth for the summer? Looking for grad jobs, placements or summer work? Let Careers & Employability help with your job search.
Mini workshops and one-to-one support for 2016 second years, leavers and postgrads will be taking place every Wednesday through the summer vaction. Find out More
4. This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- Solent Group – Product Technologist, Christchurch Find out More
- Care4health – Physiotherapist, Bournemouth Find out More
- Aberdour School – PE Gap Students, Tadworth Find out More
- Adecco Group UK & Ireland – Marketing Intern, London Find out More
- Careservice24 – Healthcare Assistant, Bournemouth Find out More
For more part time, vacation, voluntary, placement & graduate job vacancies visit MyCareerHub here
5. This week’s Recruitment News & Opportunities
Sector Specific Recruitment News
- Salary Survey 2016: Who earns what in the Television Production sector Read More
- Creative competition offers a foot in the door at one of Britain’s biggest Radio companies – Deadline 15th July 2016! Find out More
- Techmix Digital Careers Show – 7th July 2016 Find out More
Opportunities to boost the CV
- BU Students & Graduates! Take part in some important research about your HE experience and receive £10 for your time
- Attention Student Institute Of Directors Members and Non Members! Enter the Student of the Year Awards for 2016! Deadline for applications 14th July 2016 Find out More
- The London Graduate Fair – Wednesday 22nd June 2016 – Find out More
- Calling all Innovators and Inventors!! Enter the Travis Perkins Innovation Awards and you could win up to £10,000! Deadline 30th June 2016 Find out More
- Enter the ‘Shark Tank of Wellness’ Student Competition for the chance to win $10,000 in prizes and a trip to Austria! Find out More
- Want to kick-start your Automotive career and win 6 months of work experience with a major car manufacturer? Enter the Autocar Next Generation Award! Find out More