BU Careers & Employability Service, The Edge Student Development Centre (outside the Sir Michael Cobham Library, Talbot Campus)
Open 8.45am – 4.30pm – Monday – Friday
Tel: 01202 961663
Find us on Twitter
- Opportunity of the Week
- Resources of the Week – Print & Online
- On Campus Careers & Recruitment events this Week
- This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- This week’s Careers & Recruitment News & Opportunities
Want to boost your CV? Apply to be an AskBU Student Ambassador – Deadline for applications is the 12th June
The AskBU Student Services team are currently recruiting outgoing, friendly and organised Student Ambassadors to handle enquiries during busy periods from September 2016.
Appointments will be on a casual contract basis and successful recruits are expected to participate in a rota, typically working one full day at the start of the academic year, and at least one 2-hour shift per week during busy times, supporting the AskBU Student Advisers.
This opportunity is open to all current BU students, who are able to commit to assisting the AskBU Student Advisers at busy times throughout the year supporting students, staff and members of the public answering general queries and referring enquiries to appropriate sources of information and support as necessary.
Find out more and download the job description from MyCareerHub and email your CV and covering letter to the AskBU Supervisor by midnight on Sunday 12 June 2016. Shortlisted candidates will need to be able to attend an informal group interview on Tuesday 28 June, and if shortlisted, you will be invited to compulsory training on Tuesday 13 September.
Further opportunities to boost the CV can be found on our Employability Blog
2. BU Resources of the Week
The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers Guide is the definitive annual guide to Britain’s most sought-after and prestigious employers of graduates.
Now in its seventeenth edition, the latest Top 100 rankings have been compiled
from interviews with 18,412 graduates who left UK university in 2015,
who were asked the open-ended question “Which employer do you
think offers the best opportunities for graduates?”.
But which organisation has been voted Britain’s top graduate employer for 2015? Who are this year’s highest-climbers and which of the UK’s leading graduate employers are new entries in the latest Top 100?
To find out access the guide online or pick up your FREE copy from the Careers Centre, the Edge Student Development Centre (outside the library)
Practice your interview technique with the Abintegro Interview Practice Tool!
The Abintegro Interview Simulator Package is designed to help you build up your confidence and competence in being able to answer questions thrown at you in an interview.
What it includes:-
Practice hundreds of interview questions from leading hiring managers, in a time-pressured environment
Take a mock interview, where auto-generated questions, designed to mirror the structure of interviews, test you in a time pressured environment. Answers can be recorded in audio and video for review, and notes can be quickly downloaded into preparation packs.
Browse 101 of the most trusted and important interview questions in the simulator, helping you to understand what’s important, what employers are looking for, and the top DO’s and DON’Ts of all the questions.
Watch videos of experienced professionals giving their honest advice about why they ask these questions, and how good answers differ from poor ones.
To start exploring the Interview Simulator Package click here
More Careers Resources can be accessed on MyCareerHub here
3.This Week – On Campus Careers & Job Application Advice, Workshops & Employer Events
One to One Advice & Guidance
Bookable and Drop in Appointments with advisors in the Careers & Employability Service are available this week for the following advice:-
- How to Job Hunt
- CV & Covering Letter Reviews
- Application Form Reviews
- Interview & Assessment Centre Preparation
- Deciding what to do after Uni
- Careers Guidance & Advice
- Changing or Leaving your Course
- Further Study Advice
View all available appointments via MyCareerHub here
4. This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- Resource Futures – Recycling Advisors, Dorchester; Weymouth; Sherborne; Bridport Find out More
- SportBU – Campus Sport Activator, Poole Find out More
- VisitBritain – eCommerce & Retail Intern, London Find out More
- Sussex County Cricket Club – Sport Science Intern and Strength & Conditioning Intern, Hove Find out More
- Kantar Worldpanel – Category Analyst, Epsom Find out More
For more part time, vacation, voluntary, placement & graduate job vacancies visit MyCareerHub here
5. This week’s Recruitment News & Opportunities
General Recruitment News
- Is learning a language while studying the key to a successful career? Read More
Sector Specific Recruitment News
- Are you an aspiring Journalist wanting to get some practical experience? Find out about FREE Journalism Training Workshops from News Associates! Find out More
- City Law for Ethnic Minorities Event – London, 2nd June 2016 Find out More
- UK Young Artists National Festival: 2016 Call For Entries – Deadline 31st May 2016 Find out More
- Applications open for the BAFTA Scholarship Programme – Deadline 17th June 2016! Find out More
Opportunities to boost the CV
- Worried about the cost of going on a Placement? Find out about the BU Placement Opportunity Fund! Find out More
- Do you need to improve your IT skills? BU offers a range of FREE training and support to BU students on and off campus! Find out More
- Boost your CV and career prospects! Apply for BU student membership of the Institute of Directors Find out More
- Calling all Innovators and Inventors!! Enter the Travis Perkins Innovation Awards and you could win up to £10,000! Deadline 30th June 2016 Find out More
- Enter the ‘Shark Tank of Wellness’ Student Competition for the chance to win $10,000 in prizes and a trip to Austria! Find out More
- Want to kick-start your Automotive career and win 6 months of work experience with a major car manufacturer? Enter the Autocar Next Generation Award! Find out More
- GCHQ’s Cyber Summer School opens for applications Find out More
- Thinking about studying in the US or Canada? BUNAC are offering scholarships of up to £10,000 Read More
- Arts University Bournemouth MA Scholarship competition for International Students Read More
- Study in China Opportunities Read More
- Win up to £1,500 and support from Santander for your Business Idea! Find out More
- Summer Camp USA Find out More
- Want to study abroad and need some funding ? Apply for the Leverhulme Trust Scholarship! Find out More