BU Careers & Employability Service, The Edge Student Development Centre (outside the Sir Michael Cobham Library, Talbot Campus)
Open 8.45am – 4.30pm – Monday – Friday
Tel: 01202 961663
Find us on Twitter
- Opportunity of the Week
- Resources of the Week – Print & Online
- On Campus Careers & Recruitment events this Week
- This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- This week’s Careers & Recruitment News & Opportunities
Got a great business idea? Consider yourself a budding entrepreneur? Enter the BU Pitch at the Pitch Challenge and you could win £1000! Deadline Friday 20th May
If you’ve got a great business idea or consider yourself a budding entrepreneur, you’re invited to present your pitch to a panel of five or six enthusiastic local business people at the AFC Bournemouth Vitality Stadium in June.
The panel will be made up of passionate local business people including, Lucy Cooper, Dorset Growth Hub and Nick Hixon, from Hixsons Business Advisors. Each pitch will be expected to last around 15 minutes, followed by 10 minutes for questions from the panel. There are five prizes of £1000 to be won which will be awarded at 4pm on the day.
To get involved, send a brief summary (no more than one side of A4) of your idea to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday on Friday 20 May, with the subject line “Pitch at the pitch”.
Ten finalists will be invited to present their pitches at AFC Bournemouth’s Vitality Stadium and successful applicants will be contacted on Friday 27 May.
For the full entry terms and conditions, please visit MyCareerHub.
The challenge is open to all levels and all years of BU students – so, why not get the ball rolling!
Further opportunities to boost the CV can be found on our Employability Blog
2. BU Resources of the Week
The Top Companies For Graduate To Work For rankings are unique because they are entirely based on employee feedback: given in thousands of reviews submitted on TheJobCrowd across the year by graduate employees at several hundred graduate employers.
This means that the companies listed are those that actual graduate employees say are the best companies to work for, not just those who might be the best known. These are the companies who are really, truly, the best places to work.
Find out who the best graduate employers really are. Pick up your *FREE Guide from the Careers Centre in the Edge Student Development Centre (outside the library), Talbot Campus.
*Whilst stocks last
Alternatively you can access the employer rankings online here
Plan your future and create successful job applications with the Skills4Study Careers & Employability Package
The resource includes the following areas:-
Create your own horizons
Start using Personal Development Planning to shape your ambitions, work out what success means to you and make the most of your opportunities.
Planning your future
Find out what employers are looking for. Identify the skills, qualities and attitudes needed to achieve your goal and learn how to start developing these.
Successful job applications
Learn how to prove your skills to an employer in competence-based applications, and how to perform well in the job application process.
To access the Skills4Study Employability package click here
More Careers Resources can be accessed on MyCareerHub here
3.This Week – On Campus Careers & Job Application Advice, Workshops & Employer Events
One to One Advice & Guidance
Bookable and Drop in Appointments with advisors in the Careers & Employability Service are available this week for the following advice:-
- How to Job Hunt
- CV & Covering Letter Reviews
- Application Form Reviews
- Interview & Assessment Centre Preparation
- Deciding what to do after Uni
- Careers Guidance & Advice
- Changing or Leaving your Course
- Further Study Advice
View all available appointments via MyCareerHub here
4. This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- Peak Retreats – Web & Marketing Executive, Portsmouth Find out More
- Gradsouthwest Ltd. – Intelligence Graduate Analyst, Bristol Find out More
- International Quest (IQ) – Payroll Assistant to Financial Controller, Bournemouth Find out More
- Kestrel Medical Ltd. – Social Media and Marketing Assistant, Poole Find out More
- Saracens Rugby Football Club – Player Management Assistant, St Albans Find out More
For more part time, vacation, voluntary, placement & graduate job vacancies visit MyCareerHub here
5. This week’s Recruitment News & Opportunities
General Recruitment News
- 25 tips for international students seeking graduate work outside of the UK Read More
- Make the best first impression with graduate recruiters with these three simple steps Read More
- How to stay positive in a competitive graduate job market Read More
- Barclays Access takes positive steps to recruit and retain people with disabilities Read More
Sector Specific Recruitment News
- Jobs Fair at the Isle of Wight NHS Trust – Friday 20th May Find out More
- UK Young Artists National Festival: 2016 Call For Entries – Deadline 31st May Find out More
- Applications open for the BAFTA Scholarship Programme – Deadline 17th June 2016! Find out More
- First year BU advertising student Emma Burden talks us through her placement week with local agency Bright Blue Day! Find out More
- The 100 best workplaces and employers in the UK for Consultancy Read More
- How to get a graduate job in hospitality, leisure and travel with a 2.2: Read More
Opportunities to boost the CV
- Do you need to improve your IT skills? BU offers a range of FREE training and support to BU students on and off campus! Find out More
- Boost your CV and career prospects! Apply for BU student membership of the Institute of Directors Find out More
- Students are picked to represent Bournemouth University in the ‘Red Bull Can you Make It Competition’ and need your support! Find out More
- Enter the ‘Shark Tank of Wellness’ Student Competition for the chance to win $10,000 in prizes and a trip to Austria! Find out More
- Want to kick-start your Automotive career and win 6 months of work experience with a major car manufacturer? Enter the Autocar Next Generation Award! Find out More
- GCHQ’s Cyber Summer School opens for applications Find out More
- Thinking about studying in the US or Canada? BUNAC are offering scholarships of up to £10,000 Read More
- Arts University Bournemouth MA Scholarship competition for International Students Read More
- Study in China Opportunities Read More
- Win up to £1,500 and support from Santander for your Business Idea! Find out More
- Summer Camp USA Find out More
- Want to study abroad and need some funding ? Apply for the Leverhulme Trust Scholarship! Find out More