BU Careers & Employability Service, The Edge Student Development Centre (outside the Sir Michael Cobham Library, Talbot Campus)
Open 8.45am – 4.30pm – Monday – Friday
Tel: 01202 961663
Find us on Twitter
- Opportunity of the Week
- Resources of the Week – Print & Online
- On Campus Careers & Recruitment events this Week
- This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- This week’s Careers & Recruitment News & Opportunities
1. BU Opportunity of the Week
Calling all Innovators and Inventors!! Enter the Travis Perkins Innovation Awards and you could win up to £10,000! Deadline 30th June 2016
Applications are open for the Travis Perkins Innovation Awards.
Do you have a great product idea or invention relevant to the construction industry? Or do you like puzzles and want to have a go at solving a problem identified by our customers?
You may win anything from financial support up to £10,000 or business mentoring. Get your thinking caps on and get involved!
For more information click here
Further opportunities to boost the CV can be found on our Employability Blog
2. BU Resources of the Week
This publication has been developed to provide students with a complete guide that will meet your needs at whatever stage of the student journey you are at.
Whether you are looking for work experience opportunities before graduation or want to start researching graduate scheme opportunities as early as possible, this guide is for you.
Pick up your FREE copy from the Careers Centre, the Edge Student Development Centre (outside the library) whilst stocks last!
Looking for work abroad? Check out the Going Global Overseas Job Vacancy Database:-
The Going Global database includes more than 10,000 pages of constantly-updated content on how to work abroad including a database of current overseas job opportunities, work permit/visa regulations and application writing guidelines for specific countries and much more!
Country Career Guides
Packed with country-specific career information, this research tool provides expert advice and insider tips for finding employment opportunities at home and abroad and includes job application advice and guidance by country.
Job Postings and Internship Listings
Search for job openings and internship opportunities in countries around the world.
Key Employer Directory
Access more than 400,000+ country-specific company profiles in industries such as manufacturing, transportation, consumer goods, consulting services, finance and technology.
To view Going Global, please click here
More Careers Resources can be accessed on MyCareerHub here
3.This Week – On Campus Careers & Job Application Advice, Workshops & Employer Events
One to One Advice & Guidance
Bookable and Drop in Appointments with advisors in the Careers & Employability Service are available this week for the following advice:-
- How to Job Hunt
- CV & Covering Letter Reviews
- Application Form Reviews
- Interview & Assessment Centre Preparation
- Deciding what to do after Uni
- Careers Guidance & Advice
- Changing or Leaving your Course
- Further Study Advice
View all available appointments via MyCareerHub here
- Winning CVs Workshop – Tuesday 10th May – 1pm – 2pm Sign up Here
View all forthcoming workshops via MyCareerHub here
- Career & Opportunities at Hobbycraft – Friday 13th May – 1.30pm – 2.30pm Sign up Here
View all forthcoming employer events via MyCareerHub here
4. This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- Pavilion Dance South West – Front of House Assistant, Bournemouth Find out More
- Givergy Events Ltd. – Event Account Executive, London Find out More
- Bentley Motors Ltd. – Supplier Quality IP, Crewe Find out More
- Virgin Atlantic Airways – Employment Tax Assistant, Crawley Find out More
- True Brands Ltd. – Marketing Assistant / Junior Graphic Designer, Poole Find out More
For more part time, vacation, voluntary, placement & graduate job vacancies visit MyCareerHub here
5. This week’s Recruitment News & Opportunities
General Recruitment News
- 5 tips for tackling technical tests as part of a job interview Read More
- Haart, John Lewis, Levi’s & more. Here are some of the top companies hiring right now Read More
- Tired of getting nowhere during your jobsearch? Ask yourself these 8 questions Read More
- 22 example interview questions for retail banking, insurance & actuarial graduate jobs Read More
- Do you want to achieve more than a Masters ? Maybe a PhD is for you… read up on PhDstudy here Read More
- The Times Top 50 Employers for Women Read More
Sector Specific Recruitment News
- Top 25 law firms according to trainees Read More
- EY and Deloitte best accountancy firms to work for Read More
- Eight law firms make ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women’ list Read More
- Top ten tools to help you get a graduate job in the hospitality industry Read More
- Learn what graduate career paths are available within the transport industry Read More
Opportunities to boost the CV
- Do you need to improve your IT skills? BU offers a range of FREE training and support to BU students on and off campus! Find out More
- Boost your CV and career prospects! Apply for BU student membership of the Institute of Directors Find out More
- Students are picked to represent Bournemouth University in the ‘Red Bull Can you Make It Competition’ and need your support! Find out More
- Interested in nursing roles in Australia? Find out more at an information session in Bournemouth on the 10th May! Find out More
- Want to kick-start your Automotive career and win 6 months of work experience with a major car manufacturer? Enter the Autocar Next Generation Award! Find out More
- GCHQ’s Cyber Summer School opens for applications Find out More
- Thinking about studying in the US or Canada? BUNAC are offering scholarships of up to £10,000 Read More
- Arts University Bournemouth MA Scholarship competition for International Students Read More
- Study in China Opportunities Read More
- Win up to £1,500 and support from Santander for your Business Idea! Find out More
- Summer Camp USA Find out More
- Want to study abroad and need some funding ? Apply for the Leverhulme Trust Scholarship! Find out More