BU Careers & Employability Service, The Edge Student Development Centre (outside the Sir Michael Cobham Library, Talbot Campus)
Open 8.45am – 4.30pm – Monday – Friday
Tel: 01202 961663
Find us on Twitter
- Opportunity of the Week
- Resources of the Week – Print & Online
- On Campus Careers & Recruitment events this Week
- This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- This week’s Careers & Recruitment News & Opportunities
1. BU Opportunity of the Week
Interested in a career in the corporate world? Enter the Zurich Enterprise Challenge! Deadline 8th May
The Zurich Enterprise Challenge is a competition set over 3 phases open to teams of 3-4 Master, MBA or PhD candidates interested in business, finance, risk management or similar subjects.
Team up and compete for a chance to tackle real corporate cases together with a world-renowned multinational Zurich customer.
Earn an all-expenses paid trip to the Zurich Global Risk Management Summit in Cannes, France, where you will present your case to the attending global business leaders.
Enter the competition for the opportunity to work directly with multinational organizations to provide real world solutions to existing corporate challenges. For more information and to register click here
Further opportunities to boost the CV can be found on our Employability Blog
2. BU Resources of the Week
The JobCrowd Top Companies For Graduate To Work For rankings are unique because they are entirely based on employee feedback: given in thousands of reviews submitted on TheJobCrowd across the year by graduate employees at several hundred graduate employers.
This means that the companies listed are those that actual graduate employees say are the best companies to work for, not just those who might be the best known. These are the companies who are really, truly, the best places to work.
Find out who the best graduate employers really are. Pick up your *FREE Guide from the Careers Centre in the Edge Student Development Centre (outside the library), Talbot Campus.
Access your Careers & Employability Action Plan to find out what you should be thinking about in Semester Two!
Finding the perfect job or career for you takes organisation and planning. The sooner you start thinking about it, the sooner you can make the most of the opportunities available to you both through the university and within the wider working world.
Although there are many ways to approach your career planning preparations, this calendar of action will give you some idea of what you should be thinking about and when during your time at BU, to ensure you make the most of every opportunity available.
View the Calendar of Careers Action for:-
More Careers Resources can be accessed on MyCareerHub here
3.This Week – On Campus Careers & Job Application Advice, Workshops & Employer Events
One to One Advice & Guidance
Bookable and Drop in Appointments with advisors in the Careers & Employability Service are available this week for the following advice:-
- How to Job Hunt
- CV & Covering Letter Reviews
- Application Form Reviews
- Interview & Assessment Centre Preparation
- Deciding what to do after Uni
- Careers Guidance & Advice
- Changing or Leaving your Course
- Further Study Advice
View all available appointments via MyCareerHub here
- Understanding Application Forms for Interview success Workshop – Wednesday 20th April – 1pm – 2pm Sign up Here
- Creative CVs Workshop – Thursday 21st April – 11am – 12pm Sign up Here
View all forthcoming workshops via MyCareerHub here
- Building a career through Social Media – Workshop – Tuesday 19th April, 10am – 11.30am – Sign up Here
- Find out about Graduate Careers in the IT & Energy Retail Sector – Graduate Scheme Presentation by The Gilmond Group – Wednesday 20th April, 10.30am – 11.30am Sign up Here
- Meet the Entrepreneur Simon Phelps, Fluvial Innovations – Wednesday 20th April, 2.30pm – 3.30pm
- Finance Graduate Programme Presentation by the DeVere Group – Friday 22nd April, 1pm – 3pm Sign up Here
- British Psychological Society’s Wessex Branch Student Conference – Saturday 23rd April, 10am – 5pm
View all forthcoming employer events via MyCareerHub here
4. This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- Thermodynamics UK – Evening Telemarketers, Bournemouth Find out More
- Bournemouth University – IT Service Desk, Poole Find out More
- Square Meal – Concierge Coordinator, London Find out More
- Tottenham Hotspur Football Club – Hospitality Sales and Administration positions, London Find out More
- Accomplished Events – Event Coordinator, Brentwood Find out More
For more part time, vacation, voluntary, placement & graduate job vacancies visit MyCareerHub here
5. This week’s Recruitment News & Opportunities
General Recruitment News
Sector Specific Recruitment News
Opportunities to boost the CV
- Worried about the cost of going on a placement? Find out about the BU Placement opportunity Fund Read More
- Do you need to improve your IT skills? BU offers a range of FREE training and support to BU students on and off campus! Find out More
- Boost your CV and career prospects! Apply for BU student membership of the Institute of Directors Find out More
- Want to kick-start your Automotive career and win 6 months of work experience with a major car manufacturer? Enter the Autocar Next Generation Award! Find out More
- GCHQ’s Cyber Summer School opens for applications Find out More
- Thinking about studying in the US or Canada? BUNAC are offering scholarships of up to £10,000 Read More
- Arts University Bournemouth MA Scholarship competition for International Students Read More
- Study in China Opportunities Read More
- Win up to £1,500 and support from Santander for your Business Idea! Find out More
- Summer Camp USA Find out More
- Want to study abroad and need some funding ? Apply for the Leverhulme Trust Scholarship! Find out More