BU Careers & Employability Service, The Edge Student Development Centre (outside the Sir Michael Cobham Library, Talbot Campus)
Open 8.45am – 4.30pm – Monday – Friday
Tel: 01202 961663
Find us on Twitter
- Opportunity of the Week
- Resources of the Week – Print & Online
- On Campus Careers & Recruitment events this Week
- This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- This week’s Careers & Recruitment News & Opportunities
Want to kick-start your Automotive career and win 6 months of work experience with a major car manufacturer? Enter the Autocar Next Generation Award!
Autocar – the Next Generation Award
Do you come from an engineering, design or marketing background? If so, how would you fancy winning an incredible six months’ work experience placement shared across our sponsors Honda, JLR, McLaren, Nissan, Peugeot, and Toyota as well as a £9000 cash prize?
Autocar are about to launch The Next Generation Award 2016, giving students the chance to win 6 months of work experience with major car manufacturers and a substantial cash prize. It’s held in very high regard within the motoring industry so really is a fantastic opportunity for any engineering, design or marketing students interested in pursuing a career in the automotive industry aged 17-25.
So what do you have to do?
Describe an original idea or innovation that could improve the UK automotive industry. The idea should fall into one of five categories – Mobility, Connectivity, Sustainability, Customer Experience or Marketing and Communications.
Previous award winners and finalists have used this opportunity as a platform to kick-start their careers within the industry so what have you got to lose? Get your entry in TODAY!
More details, including examples of previous entries and a look at the work experience of last year’s winner can be found here together with the link to the entry form.
Further opportunities to boost the CV can be found on our Employability Blog
2. BU Resources of the Week
The Times Top 100 Graduate Employer Guide
Normally retailing at £19.99 this guide is FREE to BU students and graduates and is the definitive annual guide to Britain’s most sought-after and prestigious employers of graduates.
Now in its seventeenth edition, the latest Top 100 rankings have been compiled
from interviews with 18,412 graduates who left UK university in 2015,
who were asked the open-ended question “Which employer do you
think offers the best opportunities for graduates?”.
But which organisation has been voted Britain’s top graduate employer for 2015? Who are this year’s highest-climbers and which of the UK’s leading graduate employers are new entries in the latest Top 100?
To find out access the guide online or pick up your FREE copy from the Careers Centre, the Edge Student Development Centre (outside the library)
Practice your interview technique with the Abintegro Interview Practice Tool!
The Abintegro Interview Simulator Package is designed to help you build up your confidence and competence in being able to answer questions thrown at you in an interview.
What it includes:-
Practice hundreds of interview questions from leading hiring managers, in a time-pressured environment
Take a mock interview, where auto-generated questions, designed to mirror the structure of interviews, test you in a time pressured environment. Answers can be recorded in audio and video for review, and notes can be quickly downloaded into preparation packs.
Browse 101 of the most trusted and important interview questions in the simulator, helping you to understand what’s important, what employers are looking for, and the top DO’s and DON’Ts of all the questions.
Watch videos of experienced professionals giving their honest advice about why they ask these questions, and how good answers differ from poor ones.
To start exploring the Interview Simulator Package click here
More Careers Resources can be accessed on MyCareerHub here
3.This Week – On Campus Careers & Job Application Advice, Workshops & Employer Events
One to One Advice & Guidance
Bookable and Drop in Appointments with advisors in the Careers & Employability Service are available this week for the following advice:-
- How to Job Hunt
- CV & Covering Letter Reviews
- Application Form Reviews
- Interview & Assessment Centre Preparation
- Deciding what to do after Uni
- Careers Guidance & Advice
- Changing or Leaving your Course
- Further Study Advice
View all available appointments via MyCareerHub here
- Winning CVs Workshop – Tuesday 12th April – 2pm – 3pm Book your Place
- Acing Interviews Workshop – Thursday 14th April – 2pm – 3pm Book your Place
- Hays International Recruitment Consultancy – Placement & Graduate Opportunities Presentation – Wednesday 13th April, 1pm – 4pm Book your Place
More careers and recruitment events can be found on MyCareerHub here
4. This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- Progressive Resources – Freelance Events Work, UK Find out More
- Larmer Tree Festival – Communications Assistant, Salisbury Find out More
- Shoosmiths – Legal Assistant, Northampton Find out More
- Total Computers – Contact Liaison Executive, Reading Find out More
- ERDEM – Press and Marketing Internship, London Find out More
- Clayesmore School – Sports TA, Blandford Forum Find out More
- Birds Eye Ltd. – Assistant Shopper Marketing Manager, London Find out More
- Imagine Publishing – Staff Writer for All About Space magazine, Bournemouth Find out More
- Gozney Group Ltd. – Office Assistant, Christchurch Find out More
- Hayward Tyler Ltd. – Programme in Commercial Engineering, Peterborough Find out More
For more part time, vacation, voluntary, placement & graduate job vacancies visit MyCareerHub here
5. This week’s Recruitment News & Opportunities
General Recruitment News
- How to start a career in renewable energy Read More
- Nervous about an upcoming group assessment? Our guide can help you prepare Read More
Sector Specific Recruitment News
- Recruitment Open Day for Final Year Student & Mental Health Nurses – Friday 15th April 2016 Find out More
- Interested in a career in the corporate world? Enter the Zurich Enterprise Challenge! Deadline 8th May Find out More
- GCHQ’s Cyber Summer School opens for applications Find out More
- Interested in Teaching? Find out about these Early Years Initial Teacher Training courses Find out More
- Prepare for the types of questions you’ll get at a teacher training interview Read More
Opportunities to boost the CV
- Worried about the cost of going on a placement? Find out about the BU Placement opportunity Fund Read More
- Do you need to improve your IT skills? BU offers a range of FREE training and support to BU students on and off campus! Find out More
- Boost your CV and career prospects! Apply for BU student membership of the Institute of Directors Find out More
- Thinking about studying in the US or Canada? BUNAC are offering scholarships of up to £10,000 Read More
- Arts University Bournemouth MA Scholarship competition for International Students Read More
- Study in China Opportunities Read More
- Win up to £1,500 and support from Santander for your Business Idea! Find out More
- Summer Camp USA Find out More
- Want to study abroad and need some funding ? Apply for the Leverhulme Trust Scholarship! Find out More