BU Careers & Employability Service, The Edge Student Development Centre (outside the Sir Michael Cobham Library, Talbot Campus)
Open 8.45am – 4.30pm – Monday – Friday
- BU Opportunity of the Week
- BU Careers Resource of the Week
- On Campus Careers & Recruitment events this Week
- This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
- This week’s Careers & Recruitment News, Events & Employability Opportunities
1. BU Opportunity of the Week
Share your Big Ideas with Santander and enter the chance to win up to £20,000 worth of prizes!
This year Santander is launching a new UK wide initiative called ‘Big Ideas’ and they would like our students to take part.
Santander is a partner of Bournemouth University via a collaboration agreement that provides funds for scholarships, mobility grants, internships, support to entrepreneurs and other activities.
Big Ideas gives Santander the opportunity to engage with the university community to find out what they would like their bank of the future to look like. Santander wants to hear from students who are creative, good at problem solving and have a great ideas that will shape the future of the financial industry.
Further opportunities to boost the CV can be found on our Employability Blog
The Abintegro Interview Simulator Package is designed to help you build up your confidence and competence in being able to answer questions thrown at you in an interview.
What it includes:-
Practice hundreds of interview questions from leading hiring managers, in a time-pressured environment
Take a mock interview, where auto-generated questions, designed to mirror the structure of interviews, test you in a time pressured environment. Answers can be recorded in audio and video for review, and notes can be quickly downloaded into preparation packs.
Browse 101 of the most trusted and important interview questions in the simulator, helping you to understand what’s important, what employers are looking for, and the top DO’s and DON’Ts of all the questions.
Watch videos of experienced professionals giving their honest advice about why they ask these questions, and how good answers differ from poor ones.
To start exploring the Interview Simulator Package click here
More Careers Resources can be accessed here
3. On Campus Careers & Recruitment Events
- Winning CVs Workshop – Monday 30th November, 1pm – 2pm Book your Place
- BHS – Graduate Programmes in Retail Mgt & Merchandising – Tuesday 1st December, 1.30pm – 2.30pm Book your Place
- Placement opportunities with Wychhaven District Council – Tuesday 1st December & Wednesday 2nd December Book your Place
- Acing Interviews Workshop – Wednesday 2nd December, 1pm – 2pm Book your Place
- Acing Interviews Workshop – Friday 4th December, 11am – 12pm Book your Place
More upcoming careers and recruitment events can be found here
3. This week’s Part Time, Placement & Graduate Job Vacancies on MyCareerHub
For the latest part time, placement & graduate job vacancies visit MyCareerHub here
4. This week’s Recruitment News, Events & Employability Opportunities
Job Hunting & Applications Hints & Tips
- The ultimate guide to acing a video interview Read More
- How to answer the tricky interview question ‘Give an example of a time when you handled a crisis’ Read More
- Knowing how to use Excel, Photoshop & HTML is very valuable in today’s workplace. How tech savvy are you? Read More
- Struggling to write a cover letter? Here’s 4typical cover letter blunders & how to avoid them! Read More
- Want an internship? Here’s how to get one Read More
- Jobinterview tips: “Do a bit of digging before the interview to find out the names and roles of your interviewers” Read More
- A student’s guide to job hunting on social media Read More
- The one word successful candidates should never say Read More
- Zip it! Why you mustn’t talk too much or too little in a job interview Read More
- Impress employers & stand out from the crowd with the 10 skills graduate recruiters want! Read More
- A graduates guide to office life – preparing you for your work experience Read More
- Top tips on answering application form questions for Management Graduate Schemes Read More
- Want to work with animals? Six ways to get a job on the wild side Read More
Working & Studying Abroad
- International opportunities available for study abroad, work placements, teaching and research Read More
- Enter the chance of winning a summer working in the states with BUNAC Read More
Events & Opportunities
- Have you secured a work placement in Europe for this academic year but need some funding? There is still time to apply for an Erasmus+ grant! Find out More
- Do you need to improve your IT skills? BU offers a range of FREE training and support to BU students Read More
- Want to boost your CV & career prospects? Apply for BU student membership of the Institute of Directors Read More
- Take PwCs opportunity challenge 2015/2016 and enter the chance to win £10,000 Read More